Got denied a loan from Essex... >

Got denied a loan from Essex...

Notices

Got denied a loan from Essex...

Old 06-12-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Got denied a loan from Essex...

what a bummer, got on yesterday and filled out an online pre-approval application and got an email back about 4 hours later saying sorry, could not approve me at this time. Actually came as quite a shock, last I checked my credit score was 690-700 range, and debt to income should have been fine. Sad thing is it wasn't even a huge loan amount, just for a used 24' Baja. Anyone else out there want to help me out? Just sold my bayliner yesterday and needing a new boat before the 4th of July.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You need to get your bureaus run and find out why. Everyone looks at the same info and has about the same guidelines. A broker only gets paid if the make the loan so I'm guessing whatever it was will be a problem for the next broker as well. since you got denied, the lender has to provide you with which credit info they used in making the decision and that bureau has to send you a copy of your file at no cost. Then you can clear it up with the two others as well.

Sometimes it's something insignificant- I sold a rental property and shut off the utilities. 6 years later, I went to do a re-fi on a block of homes and got denied- because the utility co. didn't turn off the gas on the house I sold. It ran for 2 months before they disconnected it for non-payment. Problem is, they seemed to have disconnected the billing. They never sent a bill nor did they call once- even though they had my home and the other units still active in their accounting system. They had me marked as a default and in collection for 6 years. For under $70. From what I was told, the dollar amount has little if any bearing.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
You need to get your bureaus run and find out why. Everyone looks at the same info and has about the same guidelines. A broker only gets paid if the make the loan so I'm guessing whatever it was will be a problem for the next broker as well. since you got denied, the lender has to provide you with which credit info they used in making the decision and that bureau has to send you a copy of your file at no cost. Then you can clear it up with the two others as well.

Sometimes it's something insignificant- I sold a rental property and shut off the utilities. 6 years later, I went to do a re-fi on a block of homes and got denied- because the utility co. didn't turn off the gas on the house I sold. It ran for 2 months before they disconnected it for non-payment. Problem is, they seemed to have disconnected the billing. They never sent a bill nor did they call once- even though they had my home and the other units still active in their accounting system. They had me marked as a default and in collection for 6 years. For under $70. From what I was told, the dollar amount has little if any bearing.
Agreed, Dave and amy handled mine and everything went flawlessly. That being said, I did exactly what Chris mentioned above. Spent a couple months investigating and straightening out my bureaus. My credit union had some property I bought listed three separate times. Kinda knocked the crap outta my income/debt ratio. Anyway, got all of that ironed out prior to applying and everything was cool.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Croozin2
Agreed, Dave and amy handled mine and everything went flawlessly. That being said, I did exactly what Chris mentioned above. Spent a couple months investigating and straightening out my bureaus. My credit union had some property I bought listed three separate times. Kinda knocked the crap outta my income/debt ratio. Anyway, got all of that ironed out prior to applying and everything was cool.
Its amazing when someone scews up you have to pay for it! You have to put your plans on hold to fix it!

Aghhh!
Old 06-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Could be way off base here, but are you sure it was cause of credit? I know when we tried to buy our boat couple yrs ago, the amount i wanted to borrow was less than eboatloans minimum loan amount, so they rejected the app. Crazy thing was, i was only under by like 2 grand. So we just borrowed the minimum & then turned around & applied that back to loan.

I only say this because i notice it was for a 24OL which would put the dollar amount around where we were. Good luck.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are required to send you a "Notice of Adverse Action" to give you the general reasons you were denied.

You can check your credit reports for free at

www.annualcreditreport.com. This is the official site for FTC. You do have to pay if you want your scores included.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Baja232Brian
Could be way off base here, but are you sure it was cause of credit? I know when we tried to buy our boat couple yrs ago, the amount i wanted to borrow was less than eboatloans minimum loan amount, so they rejected the app. Crazy thing was, i was only under by like 2 grand. So we just borrowed the minimum & then turned around & applied that back to loan.

I only say this because i notice it was for a 24OL which would put the dollar amount around where we were. Good luck.
I was thinking the same thing. Many times you will get a email back with no explaination, and could have nothing to do with credit. And a lot of lenders do not do too much for under 35K-40K
Old 06-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered

ck F-N- I guy on the board here. He just posted a new thread for smaller loans.
Old 06-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Registered

TBAG,
How much are you looking to borrow?
Old 06-12-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Loan Ranger
TBAG,
How much are you looking to borrow?

Last edited by TBAG; 06-12-2007 at 06:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Got denied a loan from Essex...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.