Notices

state farm blues

Old 11-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default state farm blues

been with state farm 26 years cars boats & houses (mich. & florida) had a tornado hit my property in feb this year seems we lost everything and took out 176 large oaks on my 8 acers . my wife , macaws dogs & I are OK ! on with my state farm blues . WE have had to fight for everything to be covered each item takes a call to the state financial serv. and calls to state farm corp. to get taken care of 10 months and still have not started on the house ! I own a fork lift ( small clark ) and a 1970 skidoo snowmobile that suffered loss both are my personal property the fork lift is used to move my daytone in and out of my garage works great better than my 4wd suburban also I built a man box to go on the forks my wife lifts me up to trim the palms change lights and so on .the snowmobile sat on a shelf in my garage as decoration much like people have airplane props on the wall of there home and other motorized veh. parts to give you a idea of how they (st farm) think this is what there last letter said " we are still unable to pay for the snowmobile and the forklift given the type of terrain in fl. and average temp. a snowmobile would not be a suitable vehicle/machine for servicing your property in reference to the forklift given the amount of heavy articles observed in your garage (eng. boat large tools) the forklift would be used for more than soley servicing the ins. location. accordingly we are not able to pay your claim. " I had told them the skidoo is only for decoration and the fork lift is only used on my property just becouse I could buy and use a forklift on my property and want at peice of my past history for my enjoyment what about the guy that has a old antique airplane prop. on his wall should it be covered under personale property its a part of a plane not for servicing his property what about the old gas station pumps worth big bucks for decoration . also I must save my property is zoned agri. and the ski doo does not and willnot run THESE are the last of many iteams I have had to adress with these small minded employees of State farm MY advise check your personal property if your a old gear head like me and your taste in decoration on your garage is anything like mine do not use state farm and for the house 37 through and through cracks in the block you can see daylight through some and there idea of repair is caulk and paint but thats another story thanks for reading this
Old 11-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered

I had $7K wind claim from Ivan so now State Farm thinks my insurance should be $7K per year, lol.

Dan
Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
Registered

Another thing that may be causing your issue is, the snow mobile should of had a seperate policy. True, you used it as a decoration but it should have had its own policy. Heck, I have a few old jet ski's (stand ups) and they get used once a year (on a good year). They are basically decorations also but I have policies on them.

Your situation sucks & it is too bad someone didn't explain what was covered & what wasn't on your home policy.

Keep trying, you never know.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:33 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I have state farm but no claims yet. I had to get them to include alot of spare marine parts as they are not usually covered. (I have spare drives, props, etc and these are covered to $1,500.00 TOTAL!!!!) Let your agent know what you have......make them cover all those items even if it costs you more in premiums. I did becasue of threads like this

and thank you for informing us all!!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

State Farm cancelled my boat policy when I pointed out that their agent had my 43 Black Thunder listed with 2 HP500's at 250 HP each. I have since moved all my insurance needs to American national Property and Casulty. More coverage for about the same $. No problem with the 750HP Young Performance Marine engines in my boat.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:29 AM
Registered

Ins. god the ski doo was perm. disabled (no drive and seized eng. and was bolted on a shelf 12' in the air much like a prop off a air boat or plane on a wall in a den. looks like i found a good person at state farm corp. in bloomington the is going to help and you right I have a 69 skidoo I take in parades and deliver toys to kids at chrismas that I have a sep. policy on
Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by f311fr1
State Farm cancelled my boat policy when I pointed out that their agent had my 43 Black Thunder listed with 2 HP500's at 250 HP each. I have since moved all my insurance needs to American national Property and Casulty. More coverage for about the same $. No problem with the 750HP Young Performance Marine engines in my boat.
State Farm cancelled me too and it aggitated the hell out of me. There are LOTS of other people on this website that have their boats insured with State Farm. Including several with the SAME EXACT boat as me. Not to mention that I have never even had a ticket, or accident. AND my family has been insuring everything they own with SF for over 3 decades. I am certainly glad the other members are able to insure with a standard carrier but my rep aggravated me. ESPECIALLY when he told me his records indicated that the boat would go 86MPH. GIVE ME A BREAK - a flat bottomed, full pleasure cabin, Cafe Racer is NOT going to go anywhere near 80 with the power I have in it.