Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Insurance and Finance (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/insurance-finance-198/)
-   -   How Could This Be (State Farm Quote) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/insurance-finance/180850-how-could-state-farm-quote.html)

srl520 02-26-2008 10:31 PM

How Could This Be (State Farm Quote)

Just called agent today and asked about coverage for 99 Fountain 47 Lightning with Trip 500's.
Agent had to call underwriter to get exact quote.
$1080.00/yr
Is this posible. She double checked and states it is currect.
I have 93' 357 Formula with 502's at $1200/yr.

What are others paying for 47 Lightning? I was afraid to ask what it would be if it had 525's.

I have read State Farm has limits on speed and HP. Does 85-90mph or >1500hp matter on this size boat?

Griff 02-27-2008 12:53 AM

When it goes to underwritng on paper, they will most likely try to cancel the policy. They tried to cancel my 32 AT with 502mpi's within few weeks of getting coverage but my agent got it pushed through. I've never heard of a max speed, but I have heard up to twin 500's and 100k. I think Sydways said he has his 37 AT through with State Farm as well. A lot will depend on your agent.

t500hps 02-27-2008 08:09 AM

I have state farm and was told 75mph was the limit...HP wasn't a major concern with my agent. I asked them ALOT of what-if senarios regarding coverage and aparently didn't scare them off either.

Croozin2 02-27-2008 08:43 AM

I would make DAMN SURE that I had everything clear. I know you said they double checked but it would sure be a bi tch if you had to file a claim and State Farm denied it! I'll tell you this, if it goes through and everything is good, let us know. I'm going to call your agent and have him/her talk to my SF agent and get the same coverage. My coverage on my TG would make you shudder compared to that figure and I've got 500hp carbed motors.

t500hps 02-27-2008 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Croozin2 (Post 2462095)
I would make DAMN SURE that I had everything clear. I know you said they double checked but it would sure be a bi tch if you had to file a claim and State Farm denied it! I'll tell you this, if it goes through and everything is good, let us know. I'm going to call your agent and have him/her talk to my SF agent and get the same coverage. My coverage on my TG would make you shudder compared to that figure and I've got 500hp carbed motors.

A buddy called MY S.F. agent for a 93 TG with 500EFI's right after I got coverage....they wouldn't write him because of the type of boat. (I think it was because he had a recent claim for a totalled boat)

I think having a history with them makes a difference.

satisfied1 02-27-2008 09:46 AM

We have State Farm insured for 3 years now with the 42 500's I think we pay 1200 per year. Never had a claim but it still is insured.

Croozin2 02-27-2008 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2462185)
A buddy called MY S.F. agent for a 93 TG with 500EFI's right after I got coverage....they wouldn't write him because of the type of boat. (I think it was because he had a recent claim for a totalled boat)

I think having a history with them makes a difference.

What's the difference in the "type of boat" from a TG to the 47 Fountain listed at the top of this thread? I know you don't have the answer I'm just asking rhetorically. Sometimes the answers you get from the agents are a little........confusing.:D

Sea-Dated 02-27-2008 10:15 AM

I have State Farm for my Cafe' Racer with carbed 500's and pay $1000 a year or so. I was told 500hp per motor was the cutoff between affordable and real expensive. With 525's it would have almost doubled. At least that is what I was told.

Croozin2 02-27-2008 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated (Post 2462262)
I have State Farm for my Cafe' Racer with carbed 500's and pay $1000 a year or so. I was told 500hp per motor was the cutoff between affordable and real expensive. With 525's it would have almost doubled. At least that is what I was told.

SD & Satisfied, I may send you guys a PM and get your agent's names/numbers if you don't mind. As I said, we have been with SF forever with homes and cars. If I could get premiums in the range that you guys have, that would sure help. Hell, I'm only three feet longer with the same power as you SD, shouldn't be an issue. The wife handled all of the financing and insurance on the boat so I'm going to talk to her first about it. It may be that Key Bank is requiring some "over the top" coverage, IDK.

JLAY 02-27-2008 11:30 AM

I think the higher premium is because where we live. Florida and the gulf coast are going to be high.