Notices

Allstate

Old 03-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Allstate

Has anyone ever had any problems using Allstate for their boat insurance? I currently have them, have had them for years for everything I've owned, and have just purchased a 07 Sunsation 32 MCOB. They have quoted me a pretty good rate. Just Curious
Old 03-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Registered

I have Allstate for everything including the boat. Never had a problem with them.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My local agent quoted me a rate half of what Progressive was my current insurance company....I'm switching everything over to them in 2 weeks. I wanted to review whether or not they have claim issues when you really need them. I haven't found anything negative about them other than the Katrina Flood issues and while I feel for the people that live/lived there they where living on a flood plain without flood insurance.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:24 AM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Default allstate

I got my home, flood and car's with them. They would not cover a fountain.They did however cover my 39 chriscraft sportfisher. JOHN
Old 03-04-2008, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My father has always had his fish boats insured with allstate & never had a problem with them.. He has only had a couple claims & they have treated him fair , even doing his own work...

However similar to what fenderjack said they would not insure his 65 mph 272 formula.... But they will insure a 21 year old who goes out & buys a 90 mph bass boat as his first boat... or even better yet the jetski the same dude buys & lets all his buddies ride it who can hardly swim let alone actually have a clue as to how to handle any type of water craft & us experienced offshore boat guys who were practically born in a boat & quite possibly conceived in one.... lol.... We are the bad guys because we make noise....

Sorry for the rant !!

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 03-04-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

Have nothing good to say about All State, Used them since 1994 (Boat Ins) and Never had a claim! Made 1 claim and they not only denied it they dropped me, Have many customers that had the same thing happen to them, I would not recommend them to no one.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
My father has always had his fish boats insured with allstate & never had a problem with them.. He has only had a couple claims & they have treated him fair , even doing his own work...

However similar to what fenderjack said they would not insure his 65 mph 272 formula.... But they will insure a 21 year old who goes out & buys a 90 mph bass boat as his first boat... or even better yet the jetski the same dude buys & lets all his buddies ride it who can hardly swim let alone actually have a clue as to how to handle any type of water craft & us experienced offshore boat guys who were practically born in a boat & quite possibly conceived in one.... lol.... We are the bad guys because we make noise....

Sorry for the rant !!
They won't write a 90mph bass boat if they know that is what it is. Underwriting guidelines are limited at 65mph according to my agent.

Thye won't write anything I have that is boat related. Something about a lot of speeding tickets and wrecks. Oh well, there are a lot of companies who will.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:00 PM
Registered

No probs with Allstate in WI. Been there 24yrs. and most everything is there. Have paid for any claim issued including totaled sleds.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by links
Have nothing good to say about All State, Used them since 1994 (Boat Ins) and Never had a claim! Made 1 claim and they not only denied it they dropped me, Have many customers that had the same thing happen to them, I would not recommend them to no one.
What was their reasoning for denying and dropping you?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Upper Hand
What was their reasoning for denying and dropping you?
There is usually a reason. The cost of actually paying a claim is so small in relation to the generated policy revenue, that the big companies can't afford to have the bad relations that come with an unsubstantiated denial.

It usually has to be there in plain english on top of black and white.

Quick Reply: Allstate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.