Notices

need to refi kind of

Old 08-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to refi kind of

can someone send me in the right direction? i have my boat and loan in my wifes name for 2 years now and would like to change it all in my name now. is that considered a new purchase or is it a refi since its going from 1 name to another? i cant refi it in her name rite now. what are my best options? i have asked my bank that i have now and they r not taking any new apps. anymore. anyone have an out for me? thanks in advance for anyones help
Old 08-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered

Kyle AKA Loan Ranger should be able to help you. You can send a PM or find his contact info here on the board (sorry< i don't currently have it with me).
Old 08-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

keep us posted
Old 08-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,782 Likes on 884 Posts

She is basically selling it to you??? Sounds like a new purchase. I don't think it really matters with regard to rate though if its a new purchase or refi. Just that a new purchase would need $$$ down.

The problem I see is you could be liable for sales taxes. If she gifts it to you for tax purposes, then you might not be able to get the loan????? I don't know. Just some things to consider.

Sounds like a big mess to me.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by joepaws
can someone send me in the right direction? i have my boat and loan in my wifes name for 2 years now and would like to change it all in my name now. is that considered a new purchase or is it a refi since its going from 1 name to another? i cant refi it in her name rite now. what are my best options? i have asked my bank that i have now and they r not taking any new apps. anymore. anyone have an out for me? thanks in advance for anyones help
Joe,
Give me a call on this to go over the details. I have some calls in to my banks to see how we could work this.
Kyle
727-324-1359