Notices

Best Finance Rates

Old 10-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Carder
To date, either 7.25 or 7.50% @ Citizens Bank, Flint, Mich.
I had some teaser rates @ 6.75% and 6.89%, but they would only finance 80% of loan, and had huge documentation fees; in excess of $1500...
so my local bank, who is also Shogren's favorite lender, is King

Carder
so when are you picking up that new 38 express cruiser ?
Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey Mike!
Greg at Shogren is delivering it to us this Friday.
I figure if the heater works, we have 2 days of boating left.

Carder
Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Registered

Greetings, I have great credit in the 800's. What can I get as far as a loan with little to no down?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Yea good question, I hear the feds are dropping the rates another percent, what is that going to do for rates today?
Old 10-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bigboat28
Yea good question, I hear the feds are dropping the rates another percent, what is that going to do for rates today?
Be interesting to see how much of a rate cut. I doubt a full percent but if they do they might as well take off the remaining 1/2 and take it to zero.

To answer your question though probably nothing for boat loans. You have to look at what bond rates are doing, not prime, unless you want a daily variable rate loan based on prime. Plus risk is a mojor component and with an expeced recession, loan for luxury items are much higher risk than they were a couple years ago.

Any rate cuts, unless it's an unexpected amount, has already been taken into account in the bond market. Until things settle down, you're more likely to get a better rate in 6 months than you can get today.

Same for home loans. Rates still average above 6%. A year ago I refied at 5.25% and prime was a lot higher, again, it has no impact on that type of loan. Watch the 10 year treasury bond yield. Your home and long term boat loans will move up and down more or less as it moves up and down.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Be interesting to see how much of a rate cut. I doubt a full percent but if they do they might as well take off the remaining 1/2 and take it to zero.

To answer your question though probably nothing for boat loans. You have to look at what bond rates are doing, not prime, unless you want a daily variable rate loan based on prime. Plus risk is a mojor component and with an expeced recession, loan for luxury items are much higher risk than they were a couple years ago.

Any rate cuts, unless it's an unexpected amount, has already been taken into account in the bond market. Until things settle down, you're more likely to get a better rate in 6 months than you can get today.

Same for home loans. Rates still average above 6%. A year ago I refied at 5.25% and prime was a lot higher, again, it has no impact on that type of loan. Watch the 10 year treasury bond yield. Your home and long term boat loans will move up and down more or less as it moves up and down.
Yup watch the bond market, Swap etc, don't listen to the Fed Rate cut bs. I wish they would explain it more on the news, in my business with commercial/business structuring, even when you explain the differences to a client their still usually like ummmm but the Fed dropped rates?!? lol. They have everyone thinking everytime they do something rates across the board are dropping or rising which is incorrect.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guess this tells it all....BTW mortage rates are up about 1/2 percent in the last week.
Attached Thumbnails Best Finance Rates-10-treas.jpg  
Old 11-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quicksilver
Yup watch the bond market, Swap etc, don't listen to the Fed Rate cut bs. I wish they would explain it more on the news, in my business with commercial/business structuring, even when you explain the differences to a client their still usually like ummmm but the Fed dropped rates?!? lol. They have everyone thinking everytime they do something rates across the board are dropping or rising which is incorrect.
Yep, you would think that the major media sources would have someone that understood that. They don't

I could not figure that last rate cut at all. It will do nothing to stimulate things and will smack the banks margins even more and with the loss allocations those guys have to carry these days they will have to make it up elsewhere.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
Yep, you would think that the major media sources would have someone that understood that. They don't

I could not figure that last rate cut at all. It will do nothing to stimulate things and will smack the banks margins even more and with the loss allocations those guys have to carry these days they will have to make it up elsewhere.
We're run by morons