Notices

boat loan help

Old 10-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boat loan help

Is there any company out there that will lend to someone who doesnt have the greatest credit score?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Registered

With today's banking mess if you don't have at least a 700 fico I would say you can forget it.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Registered

i'm in the same bracket as you i think , my thread is in this section too
question is what do you consider "not the greatest"
are we talking 450, 540 , 680 , 720 ?
theres a division of BBT called lendmark that does lend to sub-prime , i'v used them for some short term on a couple of vehicles , there cap is 25k , and the interest rate (hold on) is between 18 and 25% , they say they do boats too
if your score is higher then 620 or so , i'd say local bank or lender like seacoast financal
Old 10-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Registered

i tried very hard to get a loan early this year, no one, and i mean no one would give me one, ive got a low 600 credit score, only one bill a month thats never late, enough money in the bank to buy the boat in cash, and they still wouldnt give me a loan, not even with half down, ended up just buying it in cash, ill never have good credit because ill never get the chance to build it up, my credit is not bad, just not established yet, ive had to buy my trucks in cash too because of the same issue, even with a co-signer that had perfect credit, i dont understand it?
Old 10-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by showtime83
i tried very hard to get a loan early this year, no one, and i mean no one would give me one, ive got a low 600 credit score, only one bill a month thats never late, enough money in the bank to buy the boat in cash, and they still wouldnt give me a loan, not even with half down, ended up just buying it in cash, ill never have good credit because ill never get the chance to build it up, my credit is not bad, just not established yet, ive had to buy my trucks in cash too because of the same issue, even with a co-signer that had perfect credit, i dont understand it?
thats a load of crap , in my opinion
i have been able to take my score from the low 500's (typical teen a$$hole) to mid 600's in 5 years
i'm looking at 2 defaults falling off late next year that will move me alot higher
its a slow process , and one you have to work at
but i dont know why you cant get an autoloan , or a high rate secured credit card , the have and will always give em to everyone
what you do with it is up to you
first premier holds my 2 credit cards , that started at 250 buck limits
lendmark like i said earlier will finance an autoloan
and if your realy above 600 , BUY A HOUSE , mortgage payments weigh heavy