Notices

Investment help ! ?

Old 02-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Investment help ! ?

In trouble. The more $ I have at the bank, the less $ I got. Savings, Money Markets etc. don't even stay with inflation, so I got to invest in somethings.
I don't need income dividents, looking for long term growth 5 + years. No clue about the stock market, so any ideas where to dump some $?
Buy some Euros? Gold bars? coins? Diamonds? annuities? or whatever? CD's are pretty worthless, so I need some investement ideas. Investement locations? IE: Asian belt?

Thx
P
Old 02-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

stock growth mutual fund,,,
Old 02-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I recommend you look into a reputable mutual fund company. I hold a securities license and one company I recommend to my clients is American Funds. They have been around since 1931. They have been known to have lower than average expenses and a respectable history of return on investment.

I recently attended a training session at the American Funds campus in Irvine, CA. Without going into great detail, one point brought up was what had happened in the market the 5 years past a downturn in the market. Some of the downturns mentioned were the great depression (1929), Bear Market (1973), Black Monday (1987), dot-com bubble (2000). The upturn in the markets just the first 5 years after these 'crashes' was staggering. What's more interesting is that consumers have been very reactionary and most took their investments out of the market 'after' the downturn, had it converted to cash, gold, bonds, etc. and did not take advantage of fantastic years of market growth.

If you would like some more info. I would be happy to send to you. There are many options, obviously, but this is one perspective to answer your question.

More info. on American Funds can be found at there website: www.americanfunds.com

Best of luck and let me know if I can assist,

Devin Wozencraft
Old 02-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wozencraft
I recommend you look into a reputable mutual fund company. I hold a securities license and one company I recommend to my clients is American Funds. They have been around since 1931. They have been known to have lower than average expenses and a respectable history of return on investment.

I recently attended a training session at the American Funds campus in Irvine, CA. Without going into great detail, one point brought up was what had happened in the market the 5 years past a downturn in the market. Some of the downturns mentioned were the great depression (1929), Bear Market (1973), Black Monday (1987), dot-com bubble (2000). The upturn in the markets just the first 5 years after these 'crashes' was staggering. What's more interesting is that consumers have been very reactionary and most took their investments out of the market 'after' the downturn, had it converted to cash, gold, bonds, etc. and did not take advantage of fantastic years of market growth.

If you would like some more info. I would be happy to send to you. There are many options, obviously, but this is one perspective to answer your question.

More info. on American Funds can be found at there website: www.americanfunds.com

Best of luck and let me know if I can assist,

Devin Wozencraft
american funds +1,,,and no load too
Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get a managed brokerage account at a place like Raymond James. They will either make you a fortune or lose a bundle. Lots of it depends on when / what you buy, so never let a good crisis go to waste.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Registered

OK. Checked into the American funds. No go. not doing as well as some others. Prudential have a few good stuff and Grubb & Ellis real estate funds. BUT. every "financial Consultant" I talk to pushing their prefered items. Not really whats actually good. There are "index" CD's with 2.5% guarranty, capping at +10% based on the market, S&P, blue chip 500, etc. but I am sure there is more stuff out there.
I need some gold coins, or something.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
OK. Checked into the American funds. No go. not doing as well as some others. Prudential have a few good stuff and Grubb & Ellis real estate funds. BUT. every "financial Consultant" I talk to pushing their prefered items. Not really whats actually good. There are "index" CD's with 2.5% guarranty, capping at +10% based on the market, S&P, blue chip 500, etc. but I am sure there is more stuff out there.
I need some gold coins, or something.
Paradox, no offense but it sounds like you have no idea what is best for you. You would be doing yourself a big favor to find an advisor you can trust and can help steer you in the right direction.

There is much more to planning than finding a fund that is performing better than another. Whatever fund you find today, there will always be a "better" one tomorrow. If you decide to go the DIY route, I'd say stick with basic no risk stuff or you could end up in a much worse situation than you are now. Also, this weezel guy seems very sketchy. His previous thread was deleted. Just my .02

Last edited by gettin wet; 02-23-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: update
Old 02-23-2011, 10:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gettin wet
Paradox, no offense but it sounds like you have no idea what is best for you. You would be doing yourself a big favor to find an advisor you can trust and can help steer you in the right direction.

There is much more to planning than finding a fund that is performing better than another. Whatever fund you find today, there will always be a "better" one tomorrow. If you decide to go the DIY route, I'd say stick with basic no risk stuff or you could end up in a much worse situation than you are now. Also, this weezel guy seems very sketchy. His previous thread was deleted. Just my .02
I got your PM and will get back to you.
I didn't even see the weezel deleted thread, but thanks.
And you are right, I have no idea what's best, if I would know, I wouldn't be asking.
I been talking to "advisors" for weeks. I'm not looking for ONE fund. I'm looking to distribute funds from money market accounts to somethng that makes better sence, and deversify. I got half a doz 401 K's and misc. mutual funds with Templeton, ING. Oppenhiemer, DWS. Kemper. but i'm looking for some "not so typical" avenues that are not necessarily common knowledge but gets me better returns. That's about in the nutshell.

Last edited by PARADOX; 02-23-2011 at 11:06 PM. Reason: sp
Old 02-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I got your PM and will get back to you.
I didn't even see the weezel deleted thread, but thanks.
And you are right, I have no idea what's best, if I would know, I wouldn't be asking.
I been talking to "advisors" for weeks. I'm not looking for ONE fund. I'm looking to distribute funds from money market accounts to somethng that makes better sence, and deversify. I got half a doz 401 K's and misc. mutual funds with Templeton, ING. Oppenhiemer, DWS. Kemper. but i'm looking for some "not so typical" avenues that are not necessarily common knowledge but gets me better returns. That's about in the nutshell.
Your welcome on the weezel guy. I get where you are coming from. I'm just saying asking something like this on a public forum you are going to get opinions all over the place. I tell people all the time, "Who do you listen to? The guy on the radio, the girl on tv, or your buddy at work?" I'm not saying their opinions are either good or bad, I'm just saying there is no way to know because there is so much more to it. Your situation is different than anyone elses.

I think it's great you are looking into something that will perform better than money markets because they aren't doing much right now. However, what's up with a half a dozen 401ks? A no brainer would be to transfer over any 401ks from previous employers you are not currently with into IRAs. By keeping your money in those plans you are limited to only the investment choices they offer, you are paying whatever their fees are (which usually aren't transparent - could be as high as 2%), and the account is in the company's name and not yours. An IRA can address all of those points.

As far as "not so typical" avenues, that could be a lot of things. Your age, health, family circumstances, risk tolerance, objectives of when you need the money and what for, and on and on and on all play a part in finding the right avenues. Also, better returns is not only subjective, but just focusing on returns misses the big picture. I can show you an easy example of how you could get 25% return but have no actual gain.

The best thing for you to do is to get all of your statements together: 401ks/iras, mutual funds, brokerage accounts, list of real property & assets, insurance policies, debts/loans, etc. and find an advisor that can and is willing to sit down and simplify everything on paper (down to a single sheet) to what you have now. Then help you to figure out where you want to go from there and what might stop you from getting there. Then you can find some avenues that might work. If you try to take a shortcut, you could very well be missing the boat.

If you went to the doctor and told him you were sick and he said, "Well we better operate." without him checking you out first, you probably wouldn't go for it. Same thing here. The more the advisor knows the better job they can do for you (assuming they are a good advisor).

If you've been talking to "advisors" for weeks, I'm assuming it's either because you haven't found one you like or trust. If that's the case and you need a recommendation for a good advisor in your area, one that would be able to piece everything together for you, just PM me.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Registered

WTF??

RBGPF 951.59+900.84 +1,775.06%
Reckitt Benckiser Group Plc

That's the % I like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.