Notices

Question for Sy

Old 02-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Sy

I have my insurance with your firm. My boat is a 2003 hustler talon 377 with twin 900 HP motors. I have several questions. I am completely rebuilding both motors. This will cost a small fortune... Can I raise the value of my ins policy to match the value of my added costs? I.E., purchase price plus rebuild costs?

Plus, I will be tuning the motors on the lake most likely end of march, beginning of April. Do I need some kind of waiver for coverage - isn't the policy only effective for loss while boating during certain dates ( April 1st or 30th?)?

While I am at it, when do I have to renew my policy?

Rick Taylor
Zephyr Cove NV. (Lake Tahoe)

PS, your policy covers more for 1/3rd the cost of others!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TahoeRick
I have my insurance with your firm. My boat is a 2003 hustler talon 377 with twin 900 HP motors. I have several questions. I am completely rebuilding both motors. This will cost a small fortune... Can I raise the value of my ins policy to match the value of my added costs? I.E., purchase price plus rebuild costs?

Plus, I will be tuning the motors on the lake most likely end of march, beginning of April. Do I need some kind of waiver for coverage - isn't the policy only effective for loss while boating during certain dates ( April 1st or 30th?)?

While I am at it, when do I have to renew my policy?

Rick Taylor
Zephyr Cove NV. (Lake Tahoe)

PS, your policy covers more for 1/3rd the cost of others!!!
Hello Rick, I just spoke to Sy who is traveling to Miami right now for the show. He asked me to respond and let you know that he will contact you after the show. There shouldn't be any problem in taking care of your questions.

Devin Wozencraft
Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wozencraft
Hello Rick, I just spoke to Sy who is traveling to Miami right now for the show. He asked me to respond and let you know that he will contact you after the show. There shouldn't be any problem in taking care of your questions.

Devin Wozencraft
Ok, thanks

Just to clarify my question, I bought this boat at auction prices. It now will cost more and be worth more. If it catches on fire or sinks I want my insurance to pay me at least the fair market value or what I have in it. Bet this can't be done...

Rick
Old 02-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Registered

Default Devin and Sy

Haven't heard from you folks yet. Call me on my cell 775 287-8458. I am on PST...

Rick Taylor
Old 02-19-2013, 07:08 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Innsurance

I just returned from the Miami show and I will call you later today.I will not have any problem with your scenario.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
I just returned from the Miami show and I will call you later today.I will not have any problem with your scenario.
Great to hear from Sy and everyone else. Will send you the info as requested! You guys proved that if you take the safety course and have some boating experience, you can get very reasonable good coverage ins for a ultra high performance cat!