Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
Concerned about Progressive insurance coverage >

Concerned about Progressive insurance coverage

Notices

Concerned about Progressive insurance coverage

Old 10-10-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have them for motorcycle ins. I have them for mine never made a claim but was wondering how the were with bikes and payout I have an extra 10,000 of coverage on top of it for all the after market stuff I have on it. Anybody ever make a claim how were they to deal with?
Old 10-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

My neighbor has progressive. Boat struck by lightning in the lift few years ago. He said he had no problems. Merc took more than 6 weeks to get new PCM's out so progressive replaced both motors. Sounded ok to me.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:41 AM
Registered

Progressive insurers must pay attention to the terms given by the company. There have been concerns over this matter. One of these is about a man who created an online backlash against the insurance company. According to him, the well-advertised insurance group refused to pay a legal claim for $75,000. Here is the source: Progressive Insurance.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Where do you think the money comes from for all that advertising? I try to avoid any company that advertises heavily. Again, Progressive screwed me over on my boat claim a few years ago and I'll warn others any time I can.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Thumbs down Progressive

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Where do you think the money comes from for all that advertising? I try to avoid any company that advertises heavily. Again, Progressive screwed me over on my boat claim a few years ago and I'll warn others any time I can.
I have Boat US and my policy on the 03 270 searay is $400 a year will full coverage on all levels. I wanted to add ( as in ad this vessel as an 'existing' customer)
coverage for the 38 scorpion performance boat and I was quoted over $8000 for an annual policy. I am looking for a new insurance company now. That is silly considering the value was listed very low.
Does anyone have any reasonable insurance for your performance boat?
Old 08-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Avoid Progressive and Geico. There is no free lunch, They have low rates for a reason.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:53 AM
Registered

Screw Progressive ! Before I even bought the boat I called USAA my current house and auto policy holder. Well they use Progressive for their boaters. So USAA transferred me within seconds I was talking to progressive. Told them Make, Model, HP and Speed and they said No problem $920 Well weeks later I bought the boat. Called Progressive...No problem, Credit card # BAMM ! I got insurance. Well one month later I get a termination letter and check. I called them and they said boat goes to fast. Well OK where's the rest of my money on this refund check. I know I went to Public school but you took out more than one months worth of money. SCREW EM!!! I got Foremost. More coverage $300 less.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

DO NOT USE PROGRESSIVE!

Words can not describe how bad they are as a company.

They specialize in MAKING PROFIT they do NOT CARE about you or your boat! They WILL find a way to PAY YOU LESS or DENY a claim.

Insurance in general is just one tool to protect yourselves, you can not live your life DEPENDING on it in todays world, and progressive is one of those companies ruining the entire industry.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1989mach1
i had them for a mouth on my new boat. i payed for 4 months and after one they sent a me a check and a termination notice. fu ck them people. i have wake zone now and couldnt be happy'er call stacy she is the best.
Wake zone is not insurance they are a orginator or a person that shops for it for you basically. But yes stacy is great, I have used her before.

I hate insurance but to be fair sometimes situations come about due to state laws, and what repair facilities you take things too. So its not always the insurance companies fault.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by t500hps
I've never had them....about 7 years ago I watched a buddy with a 89 38 Fountain fight them for 2 years. Boat was totalled in a storage warehouse fire while he was out of town, they caught the teenagers who set it. 2 years later he settle for 80 cents on the dollar so he could finally get another boat.

Apparently he had the boat insured for $80K. It was on a new manning trailer, boat had new paint, new cockpit interior, almost new 500EFI's, #4 speedmasters and trannies (boat previously had 900hp motors). They claimed it was worth 1989 "book" value. He finally accepted about $65k.

He has another boat and pays more than a progressive quote he got....cause it's not worth the risk of dealing with them.

However: I have read stories where they did pay out.......I just think those are the minority, not majority.
Thats the owners fault. If you dont have an agreed value on your policy, you get what you get. Unless you had reciepts proof, etc. Old boat is an old boat, and you risk what book value is when selling it or filing a claim through insurance, thats why dumping big money into an old boat is questionable idea.

Thats another point with insurance is most people dont understand what they are really covered for. They see that well Im covered for x dollar and so forth. But that doesnt mean you automatically get that. there are certain procedures to obtain the money, thresholds etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.