Notices

Awesome!!

Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Awesome!!

Geico just told me that the premium named insurance policy that I have and pay 2k a year on is going to take 85% depreciation on the two outdrives that where stolen last night out of secured storage with cameras and all.
I guess it's maybe time to look at a new policy as that is complete BS. Good luck finding Bravo drives for 15% of new that actually are in good condition.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Unfortunately, this is common. A good friend just went though the exact same thing with his pair of stolen ITS Bravo XRs. He may have struck it rich though, as they are paying him a whole 20%.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Bravo 1 got damaged when I hit a old bridge support a few years ago. I called State Farm Insurance and had my check within a week for the full price of a brand new outdrive. I think it was a little over 6k
Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

If you're paying 2k a year for Geico Ins on a '93 38 Special, you've been getting screwed for a while.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to Insurance 101. I tried Progressive, State Farm, Allstate & they all suck. The only one that payed out for me was Allstate, They sent a letter of refusal to carry policy with 30 days notice. I smoked a Bravo with a imco shorty. They replaced with a Teague Platinum XR with a -2 shorty with a letter of immediate cancellation. Now I have Safeco with Stacy & not a problem since. Randy