Who's used Bank of America? >

Who's used Bank of America?

Notices

Who's used Bank of America?

Old 03-31-2013, 11:41 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I got a flyer from BofA a few months ago, from a lender in Baltimore area. I looked into it for a potential AT client. It took forever to get ahold of this woman; but once we finally chatted, she ran it up the flagpole and the VP of Marine Lending gave a resounding "no" on a performance/offshore boat--even if we 'shaped' the loan like a cabin cruiser/mortgage write off.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-31-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 12:13 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I got a flyer from BofA a few months ago, from a lender in Baltimore area. I looked into it for a potential AT client. It took forever to get ahold of this woman; but once we finally chatted, she ran it up the flagpole and the VP of Marine lending gave a resounding "no" on a performance/offshore boat--even if we 'shaped' the loan like a cabin cruiser/mortgage write off.
Well there we go! Someone put a deposit on the boat I was trying to get. Everything else I can afford is to old for them anyways... I guess its back to looking!!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently purchased a new boat and was finding rates in the 5-7% range. I've had nothing but bad experiences with BoA so regardless of rate, I was looking elsewhere. 5/3 bank offered to write a personal loan using my paid-off truck as collateral for 2.75% for 7 years. No drama and the money was in my account within 2 days.

Not sure why they would offer 2.75% using the truck as collateral but could only do 6% using the higher valued boat as collateral. Seems a little goofy.

Fins.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

F B o A !