Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
Financing.. Canada edition.  Loans, rates/terms, who are you using? >

Financing.. Canada edition. Loans, rates/terms, who are you using?

Notices

Financing.. Canada edition. Loans, rates/terms, who are you using?

Old 09-12-2013, 02:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Financing.. Canada edition. Loans, rates/terms, who are you using?

I see a lot of threads on american financing.. the loans they get seem very good, longer terms with lower rates.. easier approvals, etc especially with Credit Unions.
Who has had success with financing up in Canada.. say 50-150k, but more specifically im looking at 75-100k area for a loan. Banks aren't that willing to take this kind of stuff on, at least two where I bank. I am not with a credit union but would consider joining one if it made a difference. HELOCs are getting tougher unless you have a ton of equity already.
I think toy loans in gen are harder up here. Searching brings up Walker financial services, spoke with them but they wont comment on general loan terms unless its a specific application, not helpful in the 'shopping/upgrading' phase of buying. Im not going to randomly submit applications without any idea of what I can get approved for. Scotia does marine loans, but what they ask for looks kind of demanding and interest rates arent very good from a quick glance.
A few dealers I have spoken with werent helpful at all, short of suggesting a cash purchase or HELOC.. OK.
Looking forward to hearing what you are using for those 40'+ cruisers, cats and new stuff.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can try Ed Marshal don't have his # but call Central Outboard at 416-477-7044 and they should be able to tell you his #. You can also contact Jeff @ Dealer Plan 877-228-3332. Hope this helps