Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Insurance and Finance
HELP with trailer claim.  Insurance putting it to me after years of paying them!!!!!! >

HELP with trailer claim. Insurance putting it to me after years of paying them!!!!!!

Notices

HELP with trailer claim. Insurance putting it to me after years of paying them!!!!!!

Old 11-17-2014, 10:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After arguing a bit, I need some quotes on trailers. does anyone know of a listed 34' Aluminum triple axle trailer (1999 - 2005). I'm looking but not many around.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:58 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Nothing stopping you from creating a few listings around the country on Craigslist for free.

http://nh.craigslist.org/boa/4751706059.html

http://richmond.craigslist.org/boa/4728477039.html

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/boa/4705446434.html
Old 11-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id tell them to replace my trailer with one of equal value , and not budge , i dont see a trailer depreciating in value by more than 15, percent quite honestly . unless youre using steele trailer for salt water use . remember they aint going to just give away the farm .. you have to hold youre ground .they will pay they got it ,, they are making more money now than ever before .
Old 11-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Put the name of the insurance company on here and other boating forums. The internet is a great tool for getting the word out on companies with poor customer service. I'll still tell my Progressive horror story any chance I get.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:32 PM
Registered

How much do they want for the salvage? There is usually room to negotiate the value and salvage. I'm in the insurance industry and would suggest finding as many trailers similar to yours for sale to document the value. You can also contact several manufacturers for their opinion. If they are willing, get it in writing. As someone else previously stated I would try and find a carrier who will write it as a stated/agreed value for your next one. The one thing I would not do is create an adversarial relationship with your adjuster or the carrier. It won't make the situation better. Hope it works out for you.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Feverz29
How much do they want for the salvage? There is usually room to negotiate the value and salvage. I'm in the insurance industry and would suggest finding as many trailers similar to yours for sale to document the value. You can also contact several manufacturers for their opinion. If they are willing, get it in writing. As someone else previously stated I would try and find a carrier who will write it as a stated/agreed value for your next one. The one thing I would not do is create an adversarial relationship with your adjuster or the carrier. It won't make the situation better. Hope it works out for you.
I have been very very patient My shop says he has been one of the worst he has worked with. I have tried my best to be obsequious as possible. I sent docs today and next step is to try and work down their salvage value. Either way its becoming an expensive accident.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id try to work up there salvage value .. lol just playing hope you get fair shot . n after all is done they dont drop you for arguing . insurance bastards ..........
Old 11-18-2014, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Feverz29
The one thing I would not do is create an adversarial relationship with your adjuster or the carrier. It won't make the situation better. Hope it works out for you.
Once they cross the line and you've realized that you have no recourse short of a lawsuit that would be expensive and a gamble, it's time to minimize the damage and give fellow boaters a heads up. JMO
Old 11-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Registered

Price: $7,900.00
NEW 2015 34-40' 20,000 GVWR TRI AXLE ALUMINUM BOAT TRAILER WITH ALL STAINLESS STEEL HARDWARE FOR SALE WITH 3 SETS KODIAK DISC BRAKES (ELECTRIC OVER HYDRAULIC BRAKE SYSTEM) AND A SPARE TIRE WITH MOUNT ..
Posted: 11/18/2014

This is listed on this site. Not sure what brand your trailer is, but thought this was a great deal.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Claim Closed - Would only split the difference on the salvage, came up $625 on the trailer value. Lesson learned. Be careful of low spots in the road.

Thanks for all the input.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.