Notices

Older boat financing

Old 06-20-2017, 11:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1
What options are out there for older boat financing, say 1995-2005 boats? I have one source for some short term $$, but just wondering in case I decide to step up the search to something a little more expensive, like $50,000 ish. I'm talking a boat like a Formula Fastech, for example. I know Essex would consider it with a huge downpayment, but they don't seem to care for go-fast style boats and it is really hard to communicate with them in a timely fashion. Ask me how I know.
Give me a call I may be able to help you with financing a 2000 and newer boat.
Jody Hamilton - Diverse Offerings finance 470-248-2655
Old 06-27-2017, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Older Boat Financing

I can assist you with older boat financing. Low rates and long terms. We also prepare any USCG paperwork. PM me or call 508-243-5543. Dave Hall - J.J. Best Banc & Co.
The following users liked this post:
Villainiv (09-20-2021)
Old 06-28-2017, 09:44 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default finance source for boats

Several of my clients have used them recently and told me that they were great.I called Dave Hall and informed him that he must be an advertiser and pay to be on OSO.. I just insured a 2013 39 HP boat today that they financed.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
Several of my clients have used them recently and told me that they were great.I called Dave Hall and informed him that he must be an advertiser and pay to be on OSO.. I just insured a 2013 39 HP boat today that they financed.
Great to hear Dave Hall is getting it done, always good to have another source for financing for our clients.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:58 PM
Registered

Default Amazing Service

Dave just financed my purchase. Called him on Monday, was approved Tuesday morning , paperwork went in Tuesday afternoon, check was fedexed today ( Thursday ) Picking up the boat on Saturday.

You can't ask for better service than that!!! And to top it all off, Dave got me an interest rate of 4.5%

Highly Recommended!!

Thanks Dave!!

imax
Old 04-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Registered

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Silverdolla
If your credit is strong, like 775 plus, I would strongly suggest Lightstream. The type of boat or its value never comes into question until your approved and even then it's just to verify that it's a boat, RV or airplane. Way too easy if you ask me lol. AND they don't slap a lien on it, it's an unsecured loan under 5% apr.
Checked on the Lightstream website and it shows a max terms of 84 months.That's not going to work for many people.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:03 PM
Registered

Kinda re-hashing an old post.. .but I guess it's that time of year again.
Question I have is... I'm trying to buy a 2001 Baja, but the dealer said he can only get financing for 10 years. That sux. I just sold my boat that I had for 14 years... it was a 20 year loan. So question is... is there a lender out there that will finance like the old days... gimme a 15 or hopefully a 20 year loan on $55k - $60k (depending on down payment requirement) for a 17 year old boat? If so... what are the rates and the undermining terms.... meaning insurance, survey, left arm. etc.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaIceBreaker
Checked on the Lightstream website and it shows a max terms of 84 months.That's not going to work for many people.
perhaps but for those that don't mind shorter terms is a great option. Easy process and get cash next day with no lien.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:34 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 211 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by BajaIceBreaker
Kinda re-hashing an old post.. .but I guess it's that time of year again.
Question I have is... I'm trying to buy a 2001 Baja, but the dealer said he can only get financing for 10 years. That sux. I just sold my boat that I had for 14 years... it was a 20 year loan. So question is... is there a lender out there that will finance like the old days... gimme a 15 or hopefully a 20 year loan on $55k - $60k (depending on down payment requirement) for a 17 year old boat? If so... what are the rates and the undermining terms.... meaning insurance, survey, left arm. etc.

Not sure if you have them in Ohio or if they are just Michigan but I just bought my boat through Honor credit union last year...I have not great credit and a pretty high debt to income ratio and they still financed it pretty painlessly...its a 97 and they did it on a 15 year at I believe 4.25....they do go off of NADA value however and I had to make up the 4k difference in what they said its worth vs what I paid but other than that it would have been zero down

Stewart