Looking For Some Advice On Filing a Claim >

Looking For Some Advice On Filing a Claim

Notices

Looking For Some Advice On Filing a Claim

Old 07-07-2018, 05:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking For Some Advice On Filing a Claim

Looking for some advice regarding me having to file a claim or get the damage that was caused by another boat fixed. My boat is kept on a lift in a marina as well as the other boat that hit mine. The marina requires 300k/500k. The damage was a hole and some gashes in his cowling. He was coming in and I'm told the wind pushed his 20' Scout over to the other side and hit my prop and bent it to all hell. And now I lost forward and reverse in the drive that he hit plus the prop is mangled. He has geico and Im told an adjuster will be out, but I'm concerned for a few reasons. The props are 5 blade Herrings hooked up to #6. I'll have to pull the boat out now and hualed a couple hrs away to have it looked over. What are some of your thoughts and auggestions?

Last edited by LaVita; 07-07-2018 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-07-2018, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Did you inform your insurance co of the incident? Up here repairs are made through your own insurance and they in turn collect from the insurance co. of the person that did the collision

From dealing with insurance adjusters often, I hope either you or your marina photographed the damage before moving the boat at all and have names/contact info of everyone that seen the incident.

Speak to the adjuster.and inform him of your extended issues and have the full contact info for your service center. Be on the level and realistic the process goes smoothly... .

Find out EXACTLY what they are obligated to cover as they may or may not cover the haulage to your preferred service center and inspect the boat there. Damaged lower from a collision is understandable...damaged trans from bent blades on a lifted boat would be an uphill fight without some serious corroboration from different service centers. You did say it was a 20' scout.

As far as the herrings - what is on your boat is what has to go back on the boat. Not positive about Geico but you should be able to choose who does the work and it would be paid for once - if you have issue how the work was done, that is now your issue to deal with (ie on a gel coat repair if gel color not to satisfaction).
Old 07-17-2018, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dealing with Geico is a nightmare keep everything in email form. they will stall and try to wait you out for a calm.