State Farm Exclusion!!!! >

State Farm Exclusion!!!!

Notices

State Farm Exclusion!!!!

Old 06-26-2019, 09:10 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 137 Posts

Actually since that post I talked to my agent more about it and explained that I have heard of "local" people being insured through them basically siting this thread as an example. Low and behold it took 2 weeks of him talking with under writing and pics of the boat and motor etc but they did eventually write it and it was 125 bucks a year cheaper than progressive so that was a bonus. He said at first that under writing told him they won't insure "speed boats having a sleek appearance and pointy nose" were their exact words. I said well uhhhh that's what I have and after reviewing the pictures and some persuading from him they finally took it...think he mentioned a HP or speed limit but can't remember what it was
Old 06-26-2019, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

I've been following this thread for a while and was concerned because I have state farm on everything including the boat. Well last year after my policy renewed I unfortunately had to file a claim and they ended up paying out approx 20k for repairs of the boat. After finding out that I was scammed by the place that was working on the boat and it should've been something the shop paid for repairs not my private insurance that's a different story. I was afraid this year when my policy was up for renewal that State Farm wouldn't honor a renewal especially after everything Ive been reading. Well that wasn't the case they renewed and I honestly don't think my annual premium even increased. Ive been happy with them and even after last years nightmare they were great. Now after another set I receive the new motors and put them in I need to figure out and see if I can get additional coverage for the extra stuff I now have or at least some of it.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:43 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

After reading some of the posts about State Farm I think that they have a strategy of telling clients they will issue policies and then cancel them after the premiums have been paid. I have seen multiple people report this and it has happened to me twice.
The last time when I was wanting to insure my little 22 Daytona. I called the State Farm office and told them exactly what I had and I told them that it was likely that they couldn't insure it. They checked and reported that they could in fact insure it. I received the binder and about a month later I got a notice that they cancelled my policy. I had to jump through a few hoops to get a partial refund. I think this is a business strategy either by the local agent or State Farm to make a little more money. I would recommend everyone not even bother with them.
We had a huge hailstorm here and State Farm insured people found out how bad of a company they are.
Old 02-18-2020, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
After reading some of the posts about State Farm I think that they have a strategy of telling clients they will issue policies and then cancel them after the premiums have been paid. I have seen multiple people report this and it has happened to me twice.
The last time when I was wanting to insure my little 22 Daytona. I called the State Farm office and told them exactly what I had and I told them that it was likely that they couldn't insure it. They checked and reported that they could in fact insure it. I received the binder and about a month later I got a notice that they cancelled my policy. I had to jump through a few hoops to get a partial refund. I think this is a business strategy either by the local agent or State Farm to make a little more money. I would recommend everyone not even bother with them.
We had a huge hailstorm here and State Farm insured people found out how bad of a company they are.
Interesting business model you propose. Let's go through all the expense of putting a new policy on the books, then immediately cancel it, return the unearned premium, therefore making sure we are losing money since the expense far outweighs the small earned premium. If accurate, pretty sure they will be out of business soon.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Agree with mentalpause and griff. It’s all about agent and relationship at least in Missouri. I actually called on a 100mph + Apache last summer and my agent said no problem and gave me the rate. Rate was crazy high compared to current slower Apache but totally different animal.

Years back I had a sf agent that wouldn’t insure some of my higher risk rental properties and wouldn’t insure a Sonic I was looking at (even though seller had Sonic insured with SF).

So, I found and agent that wanted to play ball and things have been good for he and I going forward. I have had a totaled vehicle and some various property claims over the years and never an issue with the claim.

So, for me I have had a positive SF experience. They aren’t the cheapest but for me their is price and cost. Until I have a reason to leave I’ll stay put.

Old 02-18-2020, 06:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in Colorado, and have been with State Farm since 1985. I have never a problem, but have only had minor claims. When I went to them to insure my custom 28' CC Cigarette, and all that I had to do was send my agent some pictures and HIN. Merc serial #, and trailer serial #. It was covered the same day and has been insured for over 10 years.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have SF, couple years back had a header lose water, got red hot, started rubber exhaust hose one fire,ext ext ext. They couldn't have been easier to work with, actually gave me choice to fix or total. Choose the ladder and started over.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Oh yeah, was not a jalopy. Cut me a check for 90,000.00 and I kept the trailer
Old 02-19-2020, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Insurance is the only other legal form of gambling in the US, the more you buy, the more money you lose.

Last edited by Pismo10; 02-19-2020 at 08:11 AM.