Anyone insure a STV Euro

Notices

Anyone insure a STV Euro

Old 08-26-2023, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone insure a STV Euro

Motor is a stock 225 HP.
I currently have it insured and have for 14 years (purchased new) with no claims/ losses... looking for a reasonable rate.
Old 08-26-2023, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts

Had my Euro many years with no issues. 2018 I purchased a Checkmate 270 convincer and paid a surcharge because insurance company said would run 59mph. It's got crazy
Old 08-27-2023, 09:00 AM
Registered

I am thinking with the recent hurricane losses the insurance companies took a big financial hit, so it's time to pay up... could be wrong.
Figured there may be a better deal than what I currently have given the season in Maine is only about 3 months and the current policy doesn't allow for comprehensive only during the winter. There is no loan on the boat not to mention I am in my 60's.
Old 08-27-2023, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts

When insurance companies see tunnel or air entrapment... games over.
The following users liked this post:
sonicss42 (08-27-2023)
Old 08-28-2023, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by 4speed
I am thinking with the recent hurricane losses the insurance companies took a big financial hit, so it's time to pay up... could be wrong.
Figured there may be a better deal than what I currently have given the season in Maine is only about 3 months and the current policy doesn't allow for comprehensive only during the winter. There is no loan on the boat not to mention I am in my 60's.
My buddy had a new 42 Fountain Lightning in S Florida. Never had any insurance on it. He had less than 200 hours on it after 10 years, figured he would only lose in the event of a total loss (theft/fire/crash) and he had a trailer for it to stick it in a warehouse in the event of a big storm. If you have a high enough net worth, its easy to play the self insured game. He had insurance on smaller Fountains but once the big carriers wouldn't insure S Florida he basically took the risk.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:37 PM
Registered

Understand the Self Insurance aspect but its the liability or lack of that will empty the bank account if there is ever a issue. Not sure if a umbrella policy for liability would be of any value.