Notices

Bob's Jag

Old 09-21-2010, 10:39 AM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobsbillets
My engines dynoed 720 H.P. and 790 TQ.
Blowers make a big difference , our engines made about 120 less ft lbs .
Old 09-21-2010, 11:38 AM
aex
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dueclaws
I didn't see any extra holes in the frame that would allow relocation of the engines: don't know if that was the plan. There was extensive gusseting throughout the engine compartment. Jack Clark told me that Gifford had planned to try and break the NY to Miami record, but Gifford never made the attempt.
The aluminum frame was there to tie everything together , basically load distribution . It formed a monocoque structure that tied the transom to the stringers and to the first bulkhead . I presume back then with this type of construction they didn't want to take chances , we ran these things nuts out no matter the conditions .
Anyway , I believe once you achive a suitable hull cg the only thing that changes is fuel load . I'm pretty sure that hull cg'd at about 115" , but don't quote me .
Old 09-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aex
The aluminum frame was there to tie everything together , basically load distribution . It formed a monocoque structure that tied the transom to the stringers and to the first bulkhead . I presume back then with this type of construction they didn't want to take chances , we ran these things nuts out no matter the conditions .
I don't believe any ever broke either: at least without a bad accident. Even then they didn't "blow apart" like some others. Look at the stringers they have across the front sponsons and on top of the tunnel in front of the cockpit! No one (that I know) does that anymore because it was deemed unnecessary.
Note: Jack removed those extra stringers from mine before I bought it.

Last edited by Dueclaws; 09-21-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I remember looking at Dougs 35' before he bought it and also Due's 40' when it was at Jack's shop for sale. The only issue (cosmetic) with Dougs was some cracking just forward o fthe wind screen just in front of the bulk head. Jack said they all 35's cracked there about 3-4 inches and never got any bigger.

Due's boat is built like an absolute tank from a construction aspect. I bet it doen't have any cracks from new.

If I could find a 35 I would scoop it up in a heart beat. I love the extra 5 feet over the Chris Cat and the Jaguar just looks better overall.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am pretty sure every 35 is for sale. I enjoy mine but for the right price everything is for sale. Doug
Old 09-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya im with Doug on this so mine is too LOL.....what is your offer for a turn key 100+ mph boat?
Old 11-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good reading and great work Bob! I love the lines of the old Jags and you're now looks better than new. Congrats on a job well done!

Just looking at the numbers, it does look like there's some speed left on the table somewhere... hard to believe it's just props. I wonder if moving sand bags around on the boat might help point to CG issues or areas for improvement. The other thing I noticed is the battery placement. You might want to play with moving them back and down.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered

I dont think moving 2 batteries (maybe 75pds) is gonna net a 10 mph increase or even a 1 mph increase! Boat does not change much in speed when full of fuel or almost empty. And that is almost 1000 pds....
Old 01-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Registered

Was 80+ degrees here last saturday and took the boat out to the local lake. Has been sitting since last summer. Started up and ran great! Was a good day!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't hurt it before Desert Storm. I have your launch site set up. I'm going to be at Knotts Berry farms for the Ford Event on April 10th. I know you're not a ford guy but I'm bringing down the T bolt for the show and the Cobra to sell. Stop by. Doug

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.