Ebay Prototype (not mine)

Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Ebay Prototype (not mine)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Proto...item2558bfdeef

pretty interesting.
How's the construction of the prototypes?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd steer clear. I had one built in 1999 before I bought the company and it fell apart and sank. I fixed it and it's the Crazy Chicken now.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I'd steer clear. I had one built in 1999 before I bought the company and it fell apart and sank. I fixed it and it's the Crazy Chicken now.
I thought the chicken was an extreme??
Old 02-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Looks like its already falling apart and it started with the platform
Old 02-14-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered

Gotta love "No Reserve" auctions just to have the ad pulled with less than a day to go....dbag seller.

Brian - this is the second one I've seen for sale. The other one was ratty looking as well. What fell apart on them? Bottom, stringers, ????
Old 02-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Registered

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Gotta love "No Reserve" auctions just to have the ad pulled with less than a day to go....dbag seller.

Brian - this is the second one I've seen for sale. The other one was ratty looking as well. What fell apart on them? Bottom, stringers, ????
The boat was at a Auto Auction in Franklin Ohio, called ADESA (Cincinnati/Dayton) and sold as a bank repo, lot #BT71. I checked it out, It had alot of cracks, the boat has been beaten to death. The owner must have removed some serious power and let the bank take it.
There were fatigue cracks all over, at all the joints and even on the bottom. It also had a strong smell of gas, Made me think, mayby the tank was compromised and thats why the power was removed. He bought it for under 4,000 The guy selling it is a used car dealer, he buys repo boats at the auto auction that are announced FREEZE DAMAGE-NOT WINTERIZED, then puts them on ebay and writes, mechanical condition unknown,(but notes he ran them-and they sounded good and shift well) Its also very obvious he bids his stuff up, it usually gets re-listed a day after it ends.

Last edited by adrbear; 02-15-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It is back on ebay again......
Old 02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Registered

I was watching the auction as well and noticed that it ended early about a day before it was supposed to and then relisted. Before it ended, it was at $5300. It looks like him or his people are running the auction up this time.

As for Prototype, I have owned my 99 model since 2001 and have not had any problems with it falling apart. No stringer issues or delamination - maybe I'm lucky. It is powered with a 500efi and I've been to Ozarks & Destin with it and it's still holding together well.

While I don't know any particulars about the one on ebay, I'd say it previously had big power...