Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Kryptonite
Fastest Kryptonite on the Planet? Maybe.. >

Fastest Kryptonite on the Planet? Maybe..

Notices

Fastest Kryptonite on the Planet? Maybe..

Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Cool
Just got an e-mail from your dad. he ordered the block, and sounds like tomorrow we are going to figure out which pistons and order them.
I am going to freshen the engine which came out of it, it has good components. Crower crank and rods, Ross pistons, T&D shaft mount rocker set up. I think I am going to swap out the solid cam for a HYD put it together and do an upgrade for someone.. I est 550hp with the hyd cam. will be a nice upgrade for a 502/454 mag. Or if someone wants the HP500 power at a fraction of the cost.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a way to recoup a bit of the cost.

Once you start putting it all together, we will certainly need some pics in here.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Good deal Don!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

I cant wait to get some pictures and get my hands on the stuff. Once Performance Marine gets the block and pistons and bores it I can get it and start puting things together. I look forward to puting a face with the name and meeting you and your dad. Do you work with your dad?
Old 12-16-2009, 08:09 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Sorta, im 16..Ive always dug boats, the marina egged that on. Ive been going to my dads races ever since I was born...this year we started racing together in Class 5 in OPA. We rigged the boat together an dbuilt the motors for it together. He also helped me restore the Challenger.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

Very cool, nothing like working and spending time with dad. My dad has worked for me since 1998 when he retired from the corporate world. he's 70 now and threatens to retire, but I think he really likes it. He doesn't need to work.
When I was a kid my parents had a cottage on the lake so all my time was spent on the lake, that's how I ended up with the marina I had a boat there, the marina came for sale I sold my repair shop in Binghamton and here I am. My dad had a shop when he was in his 20-30's, so that's where I got my mechanical talent from. I remember being the tool guy, getting tools for him when he would be working on some car. Now its me and my son he is 8. I have him help me wrench on the cool stuff, like my NOS equipped snowmobile, or my NOS Camaro. He loves the speed. when he was 3 I got him a Honda 50. now he runs a Polaris 500 4 wheeler, and a Skidoo 380. Hope child services are not reading this, lol
These are the days you will look back on with a smile. What a great deal to run with you dad.
Wow 16 man what I would give to be there again. I would have never guessed the way you handle yourself on the forum Looks like Dad did a great job.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Haha thanks man...we got the sleds too...so far the first car is a 69 Jag XKE that were restoring...dad wont let me near the GTO
Old 12-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Registered

Sorta, im 16..Ive always dug boats, the marina egged that on. Ive been going to my dads races ever since I was born...this year we started racing together in Class 5 in OPA. We rigged the boat together an dbuilt the motors for it together. He also helped me restore the Challenger.

Great video of your pops
Old 12-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by GoFastSonic
Great video of your pops
Thanks See you at the party right?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Registered

Default Jag

Haha thanks man...we got the sleds too...so far the first car is a 69 Jag XKE that were restoring...dad wont let me near the GTO
We had a 72 XKE E-type with removable hard top in the family, was a v12. very cool little car. it was red, sold about 15 years ago was original drivable but needed a little work. i remember it being pretty fast, but think the last time I rode in it I was your age. That was 30 years ago. it got put in storage and then 15 or so years later took out and sold. I hear they are worth a few bucks still. That sounds like a fun project.
Do you do paint work also?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.