Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Kryptonite
Patchouge here we come.... >

Patchouge here we come....

Patchouge here we come....

Old 08-22-2010, 08:15 PM
  #11  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Shore,NY,
Posts: 57
Default

That was a crazy day out there....the weather changed for the worse in a blink of an eye.....as I pulled up anchor my motor started to over heat as I lost the raw water pump....the belt came off so we tried to reset the anchor and we just kept sliding towards the course....we were outside the flags by turn 2 as R-rated missed the turn and was coming right at us....followed by Gieco...we had 4 kids on board with us so it got a little nerve racking....we pulled the anchor up to find a lawn chair hooked on it....so now we left the boat in some marina in Blue Point and have to go retrieve it in the morning....all in all it was a great time....the Krypts looked awesome as always although Specialized just ate the course up....I will be front and center next year for sure....
cougar25 is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 02:27 PM
  #12  
Driver-441
Racer
Thread Starter
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
Posts: 11,455
Default

I gotta learn to turn this ****er, its nothing like our old boat lol. We also need a smaller prop, we ended up using a stock 26 B1, which was great, but 75MPH was 5000 rpm...our motor really starts making big hp at 5k so it kept wanting to go faster. We have a 24 to try. But when the green flag dropped no body pulled away from us, the acceloration was unbelievable, and we didnt break out! All in all a good day of racing was had and i cant wait for big water in AC
TeamSaris is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:01 AM
  #13  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,786
Default

Sounds like you had a good day racing. The pics look like the water was nice! So was there two Krypto's in class 5 and two in class 6?
jdub is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 06:45 AM
  #14  
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 135
Default

three in five one in six.
34disturbed is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 04:23 PM
  #15  
Driver-441
Racer
Thread Starter
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
Posts: 11,455
Default

Originally Posted by jdub View Post
Sounds like you had a good day racing. The pics look like the water was nice! So was there two Krypto's in class 5 and two in class 6?
It got rougher as the day went on, the weather was ****. Its still calm compared to the ocean racing i did last year. Atlantic city will be good
TeamSaris is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 04:30 PM
  #16  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,491
Default

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
I gotta learn to turn this ****er, its nothing like our old boat lol. We also need a smaller prop, we ended up using a stock 26 B1, which was great, but 75MPH was 5000 rpm...our motor really starts making big hp at 5k so it kept wanting to go faster. We have a 24 to try. But when the green flag dropped no body pulled away from us, the acceloration was unbelievable, and we didnt break out! All in all a good day of racing was had and i cant wait for big water in AC
Was it hard to turn?
Mastercraft240 is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:08 PM
  #17  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,786
Default

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
It got rougher as the day went on, the weather was ****. Its still calm compared to the ocean racing i did last year. Atlantic city will be good
I'll be in AC for sure...what's the date? Plus there is somebody there I can't wait to meet
jdub is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:20 PM
  #18  
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: LI, New York
Posts: 1,491
Default

jdub, did you ever come down to ny?
Mastercraft240 is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:43 PM
  #19  
Driver-441
Racer
Thread Starter
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
Posts: 11,455
Default

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 View Post
Was it hard to turn?
Yea, well...hard isnt the right word...different is. Ive spent a lot of time in cats, stepped vees, 24/7s, 21 sobs etc. But the only boat i have a lot of Race time in is a straight bottom 27 Avanti, witch turned like nothing else. I just need to learn to turn a 27 stepped bottom with a pad kryp under race conditions. Dad was fine on the throttles, flew nice n level The turning is my problem
TeamSaris is offline  
Old 08-24-2010, 05:43 PM
  #20  
Driver-441
Racer
Thread Starter
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
Posts: 11,455
Default

Originally Posted by jdub View Post
I'll be in AC for sure...what's the date? Plus there is somebody there I can't wait to meet
Sept 18th, if you make it theres some shirts in it for ya!
TeamSaris is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser