Out of the Mold- Im blown away! >

Out of the Mold- Im blown away!

Notices

Out of the Mold- Im blown away!

Old 05-05-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Uncle Dave,

All I can say is Wow!! I remember reading your thread when the hull had just finished being done a long time ago.
Congrats on such a beautiful machine...enjoy and be safe.

Angel
Old 05-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the compliments.

Interesting how Pantera and Lavey are a lot alike in that the family is a huge plus to the whole ownership experience.

I like what they did with the 28 SR, and I would very much like to meet the Nunez family someday.

Be well!

Uncle Dave
Old 05-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I really gotta say that the "WestCoast" builders especially "Lavey" are really building some awesome machines. That 28 EVO they make is just SICK!!! By far one of my favorite looking boats.
Whenever your in Miami just let me know and we'll go have a few beers talk boat and even swing by Pantera.

Angel
Old 05-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera24
I really gotta say that the "WestCoast" builders especially "Lavey" are really building some awesome machines. That 28 EVO they make is just SICK!!! By far one of my favorite looking boats.
Whenever your in Miami just let me know and we'll go have a few beers talk boat and even swing by Pantera.

Angel
I may take you up on that!
I do get to Miami occasionally for business.

There is great product on both sides these days. I gravitate toward Pantera because of the boats and the people that own them I just seem to get along with, as well as AT, and Velocities. dont know sabre, but they seem to have good pr as well.

Never met a Skater I didn't like but thats no surprise right?

As far as Lavey is concerned obviously i voted with my wallett twice now and I think they make a great product. No "splashing" they are all their own designs.

I have been privileged and lucky to be a part of their family and have been a welcome member at many events for almost 2 decades now - 50% of which have nothing to do with boating.

As for the 28evo- man I really dig that ride. It hits 105+ with a 710 in it. Its as cool as single engine v's 28 ft long come, but its not really very practical- but boy is it awesome.

Heres a clip with (I think its Chris Jr. at the wheel)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apWZkv_f4bc

have a great season & see you on the water.....

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 05-07-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:44 AM
Registered

Default Smoke on the Water

Playing around with My go-pro camera yesterday, I need to edit in a few pieces so this is long for now.

We were coming back from Catalina, when I relocated the camera.

Starting around 3 minutes we were cooking pretty good considering the size of the waves and chop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiCEK570stY

I couldn't be happier with the performance and capabilities of my boat.

Uncle Dave
Old 05-26-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice. What's the average time for that trip?
Old 05-26-2010, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by derrickc
Nice. What's the average time for that trip?
Thanks!

I usually about an hour, I normally just take it easy the whole way. Its about 45-50 Miles each way from Marina Del Ray on the route I take which isnt the shortest.

I try to "snug up" to the island and ride up the coast there and back as it's usually calmer than going for the "straight shot" to avalon.

Uncle Dave

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 05-26-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: detail
Old 05-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Registered

nice vid Dave was that hand held or fixed. with me still no motor now instead of next month for its next week next week well it will be 2 years by aug, Gerry feels bad about teling me about Dean but I went with him cause he had taken the motor apart for the owners wife so she new what was in them to sell , he said it had a few hours so I figured just put it together WRONG. well your video looks great I might just sell everything I been looking at a SF trojans 32 and 36s for a while wife would love it. I am tired of getting phucked by people I meet on here who are suppost to be friends theres more than one. only two out of 30,000 so not bad. what sucks the most is for what I payed for outside rent it could of been in maine inside and someone keyed the custon paint two months ago too. and I put off getting my knee replacement re operated on this winter and my shoulder needs a router cuff surgery told both docs not until fall now so living in hugh pain all winter and now summer. the konrad transom is done, but we will be installing this pig during the hotest part of the yr in no shade sweating our azzes off we trying to find a fake block to do motor mounts but its 400 bucks out the window but saves a week or two .have fun later
Old 05-31-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered

Thanks Art, I have more clips to throw in and Ill edit the thing down to a reasonable length in a day or so.

I was using a Gopro HD and that shot was from a suction cup mount. Pretty neat little setup. Very tiny, very nice fixed lens.

It sucks your custom paint job got keyed. GRRRRRRR!

I've been there (sort of) I no longer let engines sit anywhere but on my property. I "lost" a rebuilt engine 383 supercharged engine that I spent 4K on freshening up that disappeared when the shop "storing it" went under.

Bummer about your "friends" - thats our industry in a nutshell.

Lets hope you are up and running soon, Im sure you'll be happy with the new monster engine and super cool parts.

Not that its any consolation, but you are welcome to come boating with us at the end of June if you'd like! (bring your pain pills! ) PM me for details. Ill have both my boats on the lake and a bunch of friends together.

Uncle Dave
Old 06-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Thanks Art, I have more clips to throw in and Ill edit the thing down to a reasonable length in a day or so.

I was using a Gopro HD and that shot was from a suction cup mount. Pretty neat little setup. Very tiny, very nice fixed lens.

It sucks your custom paint job got keyed. GRRRRRRR!

I've been there (sort of) I no longer let engines sit anywhere but on my property. I "lost" a rebuilt engine 383 supercharged engine that I spent 4K on freshening up that disappeared when the shop "storing it" went under.

Bummer about your "friends" - thats our industry in a nutshell.

Lets hope you are up and running soon, Im sure you'll be happy with the new monster engine and super cool parts.

Not that its any consolation, but you are welcome to come boating with us at the end of June if you'd like! (bring your pain pills! ) PM me for details. Ill have both my boats on the lake and a bunch of friends together.

Uncle Dave
haha that sounds fun, that camera is the coolest thing, I have seen a little vid from them before I want one \. hey I will keep you posted I am ordering more parts this week coolers gauge or two, I thought about a dummy block but there 400 for a fake block just to make motor mounts. it makes me sic well thanks for cheering me up.

Quick Reply: Out of the Mold- Im blown away!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.