Notices

Laveycraft bottom design - looking for detailed description

Old 08-09-2011, 11:07 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laveycraft bottom design - looking for detailed description

Hi guys,

I cannot seem to find but one boat test on the internet on a Laveycraft.

I am looking for a discussion of the Laveycraft bottom design. In particular, I am interested to know about the 29 and the 32 Nuera.

How many steps? What was the intention when designing the bottom? When was it designed? How does the stability of the Laveycraft at 100mph stack up against other manufacturers who specifically designed their bottoms for 100+ mph stability?

Looks like they've got an excellent product but I can't find their marketing anywhere.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

The NuEra line was designed by Great American Concepts. I'm not sure when exactly it was designed... The 2750, 29, and 32 all share the exact same bottom design but obviously in different lengths.
They all have 2 steps which are deep and "serpentine" shaped. The strakes stagger after each step, this gives different amount of lift depending on which pad it is running on. It has a 24 degree bottom with a slightly steeper entry to help cut through rough water. There is no rocker or hook in the bottoms and with the size, amount, and placement of the strakes it allows the boat to run very flat and neutral which requires very little to no positive drive trim.
The NuEra bottom was originally designed to be very efficient and fast with minimal power. So when big power was added it wasn't as stable as other manufactures... But about 4 years ago Laveycraft made a couple minor changes to the bottom which improved the design. Now they have zero lean, chine walking, or porpoise. Even with big power.

This is the only picture I have to where you can see the whole bottom. Hard to see the shape of the steps and staggering strakes... It is a 29 NuEra btw.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Registered

what yr exactly did they make the changes to the bottom jr?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:14 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

also what did you do for the change? Move strakes or lenthen them or both ?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Changes were made in late 2007.

Some of the strakes had lip strakes, all were removed except the very front ones... A couple strakes were removed and/or shaved down in size...
Old 08-16-2011, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Jr,
Is anyone working at the shop. I've emailed, called and left a message regarding the 24 Nuera with no reponse...
Maybe they're just real busy
Dave
Old 08-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by lavey jr
The NuEra line was designed by Great American Concepts. I'm not sure when exactly it was designed... The 2750, 29, and 32 all share the exact same bottom design but obviously in different lengths.
They all have 2 steps which are deep and "serpentine" shaped. The strakes stagger after each step, this gives different amount of lift depending on which pad it is running on. It has a 24 degree bottom with a slightly steeper entry to help cut through rough water. There is no rocker or hook in the bottoms and with the size, amount, and placement of the strakes it allows the boat to run very flat and neutral which requires very little to no positive drive trim.
The NuEra bottom was originally designed to be very efficient and fast with minimal power. So when big power was added it wasn't as stable as other manufactures... But about 4 years ago Laveycraft made a couple minor changes to the bottom which improved the design. Now they have zero lean, chine walking, or porpoise. Even with big power.

This is the only picture I have to where you can see the whole bottom. Hard to see the shape of the steps and staggering strakes... It is a 29 NuEra btw.
Thank you for that information.

Can you please briefly discuss any big twin power setups Lavey has put in the 29 or the 32 that took the boats over 100 mph?
Old 08-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I had a 29 with two 500efi's that had prochargers. - I never ran it hard with that set-up (bought it that way) But the owner who had it built for him said is was a smooth and predictable 100mph boat. I took the prochargers off and I loved running the boat - very low 90's.
Great in the rough water - with the twins it was very well balanced and flew level without chasing set-up.
Miss that boat.
Old 08-17-2011, 03:46 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Been in a 29 single app. and that was a very well balanced boat. The twin big blocks was not stern heavy in the 29 - just asking?

Why is a 29 single with full cabin hard to find? ( not many made ?). I have only seen 2 in the past 1.5 years - one in person, 2000 year model that was at Lavey in March but just sold so I missed that one and the other Dominator 8 had a 2002 year model - that one look somewhat rough in the pics - did not see it in person.

Last edited by BUP; 08-17-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I owned the first 29 ever built - miss that one as well..

The twin 29 sat lower in the water but when it was on plane or "flying" it was level. For the size - in the rough I wouldn't want to be in anything but.

I think Lavey has made plenty of the closed 29's... but I too don't see them for sale much. When the 2750 was introduced - it took the 29's momentum in sales..

Call Lavey - they probably know customers who are thinking of selling... bet they can hook you up with names and phone numbers of possible boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.