Finally got to take the boat out!!!

Notices

Finally got to take the boat out!!!

Old 03-07-2012, 05:10 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got to take the boat out!!!

A little lake close by (3hours away) opened up this week and so wanted to take the boat out and just make sure it all works great before heading to Havasu next week.

Real happy with how it rides and handles. Love it!!! Need some input on props.

When I picked it up at (sea level) it came with a Bravo 1 26 pitch and I was told it did 73 on GPS. The lake I went to is 4700msl I put a 24 pitch Bravo 1 on and got 55 mph (GPS) at 4400 RPM so for that elevation looks like I need to go to a 22 pitch.

My home reservoir is 7500 msl not sure what prop my work up here?

Next week we will be at Havasu for awhile then going to hit Powell for a few days on the way back. I have a 22p,24p and a 26p Bravo to play with. Does anyone have experience running this kind of boat at elevation?
Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call BBlades, he's knows what he's talking about.

Originally Posted by GAZ
A little lake close by (3hours away) opened up this week and so wanted to take the boat out and just make sure it all works great before heading to Havasu next week.

Real happy with how it rides and handles. Love it!!! Need some input on props.

When I picked it up at (sea level) it came with a Bravo 1 26 pitch and I was told it did 73 on GPS. The lake I went to is 4700msl I put a 24 pitch Bravo 1 on and got 55 mph (GPS) at 4400 RPM so for that elevation looks like I need to go to a 22 pitch.

My home reservoir is 7500 msl not sure what prop my work up here?

Next week we will be at Havasu for awhile then going to hit Powell for a few days on the way back. I have a 22p,24p and a 26p Bravo to play with. Does anyone have experience running this kind of boat at elevation?
Old 03-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Did you ever sea trial it prior to buying it?? "and I was told it did 73 on GPS"
26p is the right one for that boat (sea level/Havasu)
I would think at 4,700feet that the 24 would be fine... but only getting 4400... did you trim it out a bit or still tucked in?

Would like to hear the speeds you obtain in Havasu with the 26 prop.

Chris
Old 03-09-2012, 10:27 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I know the history of this boat and the owner before car dealer Tony sold it to you in CA. 73 mph was top speed on a good day with low fuel and the very right conditions with 2 people. Dominator 8 boats had this boat a long time sitting and put new interior in it before owners Mike and Tony.

Dominator 8 sold it to a guy name Mike C. in CA who now owns Couger Boats. I still talk to Mike and can find out more about the prop and the rpms. I almost bought your boat before Car dealer Tony bought it.

Not to jump in your post but was just trying to help and if you want me to post some more info about the boat I can or you can call me 817-658-7721.

Mike put in a new GPS speedo because it was missing when he bought the boat and I know you have new trailer tires, the red bimini is new also from Tony. Hope I'm not doing harm here with the extra info again just trying to help plus think the history of buying anything is always welcomed.

Last edited by BUP; 03-09-2012 at 11:26 PM.