no mo go fast

Notices

no mo go fast

Old 10-11-2012, 03:22 PM
Quent
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no mo go fast

Guys, Carole, my wife, and I had a talk about the future of boating in our family and we are in agreement that the fast n loud will have to be displaced by slow and quiet. So it looks like a cruiser is in order.

It breaks my heart to think of parting with the finest boat I've ever owned, but its time. Age and grandkids dictate the move. Its been a great run with 3 Lavey's. I have been fortunate know the Camires and be the owner of the some of the finest boats made.

My mom mercifully just passed away Monday so it turns a page for me. If you know anyone looking I am strongly considering a sale. Best regards, Quent
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quent
Guys, Carole, my wife, and I had a talk about the future of boating in our family and we are in agreement that the fast n loud will have to be displaced by slow and quiet. So it looks like a cruiser is in order.

It breaks my heart to think of parting with the finest boat I've ever owned, but its time. Age and grandkids dictate the move. Its been a great run with 3 Lavey's. I have been fortunate know the Camires and be the owner of the some of the finest boats made.

My mom mercifully just passed away Monday so it turns a page for me. If you know anyone looking I am strongly considering a sale. Best regards, Quent
Thats awful news about your mom- so sorry Quent.

Even though I dont go nearly as fast as you the though of a deck boat has been creeping into my reality with every trip.

Would love to find a way to afford your beast- but dont think I can get there from here.

Be well my friend...

Uncle Dave Sampson

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 10-12-2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to hear about your mom...

As for the boat, have you considered a deck boat? The 28 Party Prowler with Merc 502 and Bravo3 is a great cruiser package. It gets up out of the hole very fast! With the bravo3 it can hold plane at quite a bit slower speed than bravo1. And the new 502 is actually very quiet. TONS of storage space and can fit plenty of people, we've been able to fit 15 people on it one time...
Just a thought...

Hope all is well.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quent, I'm very sorry for your loss...
I wish you well in your new adventure and thanks for being my inspiration to get our boat finished
When we sold our 35 Flame we spoke very seriously about a cruiser but settled on a smaller power boat and a 5th wheel. Good luck with the transition and I wish you the best!
Dave
Old 10-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quent, sorry to hear about your loss. You have a gorgeous boat and have certainly lead some spirited and informative conversations on this forum. It was great to see that boat be built and your subsequent testing that ensued. Good luck with your future boating endeavors and I'm sure you will have no problem finding a buyer for your 2750.

-Tom
Old 10-21-2012, 07:31 PM
RBH
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quent .......so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. I lost both parents a few years ago, it does change things. I wish you and your wife the best in the future. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
R.B.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Quent,

I see your motor for sale in the Classifieds, what motor are you putting in the boat to sell it? Are you leaving the SCX on it?