Prop selection on 29 single? >

Prop selection on 29 single?

Notices

Prop selection on 29 single?

Old 01-22-2014, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop selection on 29 single?

Fella's I finally got the 29 Lavey I have been looking for! Was curious to what others have had success in props for the 29 with single power. Anyone tried 5 blade props?
Thank you in advance!

Shannon
Old 01-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know several have had lots of success with Hydromotive P-5Xs. What power are you running?
Old 01-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Registered

Thank you for your response.

Power still needs to go on the dyno but is projected to be 735-750 HP (corrected). The power projected at 6100 ft elevation were we primarily boat is 570-588 HP. I bought this boat sight unseen through a bank deal, the boat is perfect but was shocked at the size of the 29. This was concerning because I started to worry if we built enough power to push this boat 70 mph at 6100 ft (projected goal). I can say this, I pulled it back from Havasu last weekend and was amazed at how light the boat is. My engine builder is now concerned and wants to supercharge the engine.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Based on your info with Hp and elevation...I'll bet you're between a 26 and 28 four blade..probably closer to a 28. No idea what a 5 blade would get you or what size....
Post a picture of the 29 - love to see it.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Based on your info with Hp and elevation...I'll bet you're between a 26 and 28 four blade..probably closer to a 28. No idea what a 5 blade would get you or what size....
Post a picture of the 29 - love to see it.
Schweeng! You know this boat well! This is the Teague 1000 boat. Fella pulled the motor and the bank contacted me and asked me to make a offer. So I did...hit them low and they accepted. I had Ron's in Havasu detail the boat and I could not be happier. Gel coat is immaculate interior is awesome. Probably paint the trailer next winter but feel like I hit the lotto! It has the XR drive that Barrett Custom Marine put on it with a lot of imco internals and max machine works tower. Probably will run this drive till it blows up. Planning on a SCX in the future. Boat has 330 hours on it.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

SCORE!!!!!! Happy for you!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2014, 08:33 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fastboatfella
Schweeng! You know this boat well! This is the Teague 1000 boat. Fella pulled the motor and the bank contacted me and asked me to make a offer. So I did...hit them low and they accepted. I had Ron's in Havasu detail the boat and I could not be happier. Gel coat is immaculate interior is awesome. Probably paint the trailer next winter but feel like I hit the lotto! It has the XR drive that Barrett Custom Marine put on it with a lot of imco internals and max machine works tower. Probably will run this drive till it blows up. Planning on a SCX in the future. Boat has 330 hours on it.
Is this the orange colored MCOB. 29... had a Teague 1000 ?
Old 01-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
SCORE!!!!!! Happy for you!!!!!!
Thanks Pal!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 03:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GAZ
Is this the orange colored MCOB. 29... had a Teague 1000 ?
Gaz this is not a orange boat. Red, blue, and yellow on white. Where are you boating at being from Gunnison and what elevation? Fill me in with the stats! I will try to post some pics for you.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2014, 05:16 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fastboatfella
Gaz this is not a orange boat. Red, blue, and yellow on white. Where are you boating at being from Gunnison and what elevation? Fill me in with the stats! I will try to post some pics for you.

Thanks
I'm running mostly on my home Reservoir (Blue Mesa) 7700 msl with a stock 500 efi I run a 19p Rev 4 and get 53mph at 5200 rpm. I'm guessing maybe you are running on Navajo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.