Old 05-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda Like this?

UD
Old 05-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Holy crap...exactly Dave!!!!! Love running next to Catalina....Porpoises and seals all popping up at different times.
Not sure what i burned.... but I know I've got some Castaic gas left for a while.
One time I ran my twin Lavey from Channel Islands marina to Newport for lunch and back....that was a haul..but like yesterday pretty awesome.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any issues making that run in a 29' boat? If not, the wife and I will tow out and make that run in a year or two. We love Catalina. Thinking about flying out later this Summer for another visit.

Brady
Old 05-05-2014, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

No issues at all but the ocean is the ocean.... got to know when to turn around and put her on the trailer. The type of water that would get me to put my 29 back on the trailer isn't all that different that would put a 39 on the trailer.... Lets hope when you bring your boat out that the Pacific is happy that week
Old 05-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by foosdaddy
Any issues making that run in a 29' boat? If not, the wife and I will tow out and make that run in a year or two. We love Catalina. Thinking about flying out later this Summer for another visit.

Brady
Totally depends on the 29. IF by 29 you mean a 26 boat with a 2ft swim step and a shallow V- no way. You may make it but you'd be in misery especially in the afternoon when it gets predictably bad every single day.

Ive done that run that Chris made and I outlined I ran 20 times in the last 3 years with a 28 ft boat and no issues but I don't go out when the days starts at 4+feet

I've ended up in 8's but I don't start the day intentionally that way.

Ive gone all the way down to San Diego and back as well.

These are very large boats for their stated size with true 24 degree V's and they handle the ocean snot extremely well.

Uncle Dave
Old 05-05-2014, 08:25 PM
GAZ
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For sure want to do that run that you did Schweeng and Dave outlined. Is there a certain time of the year that one could expect better weather. Obviously would like it to be warmer weather. But if you were going to plan a trip in advance what month/ time of the year would be most likely to hit preferable weather.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Yup. (to Bup.)

Sure Its fun being a passenger in my own boat when someone that can handle it drives.

I just like boating especially with people that like Boating...

UD

Uncle Dave's boat sure runs good in the ocean! It drives nice too haha