Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
Thank you all for the input on my 29 single! >

Thank you all for the input on my 29 single!

Notices

Thank you all for the input on my 29 single!

Old 07-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Mercruiser has a service bulletin years ago about drive gear ratio changes and prop changes for high altitude running. If I find it I will post the number of the service bulletin so hopefully you can pull it up some how. Just saying as it might help you with some info.
Thank you sir! I have 1.50 gears now and have heard that there is a lower gear for altitude. We also boat at Havasu and Powell. Would like to read it though, if you are able to find it.

Thank you
Old 07-24-2014, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fastboatfella
Thanks Paul for being interested! The Drive is deep on the 29's compared with your 2750. I had thought about playing with the X dimension, but after talking with Chris at Lavey and other's that I respect including Eric at Teague who used to work for Lavey ( has a lot of seat time in the 29) decided against. The drive is standard length and deep helping to raise the bow.
How far below the keel is the prop shaft on your boat just out of curiosity? I always thought the 29s were set up with a fairly high X, not as high as the 2750s, but higher nonetheless.
Old 07-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
How far below the keel is the prop shaft on your boat just out of curiosity? I always thought the 29s were set up with a fairly high X, not as high as the 2750s, but higher nonetheless.
This may be true... The boat was set up by Lavey and I have yet to measure the X but would be willing to say that it is high in comparison to most. The 29 is deeper than the 2750, but by how much I could not tell you.
Heading up tomorrow and I will get a ruff measurement for you. The boat is in storage at the lake and I am heading up tomorrow to try the Hydromotive 5 blade prop.

Thanks

P.S. How is your Advantage? Sold mine and it spends its time in Havasu and Parker now.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks that will be interesting to see. The Advantage is good, it spends its time in my Dads garage in SoCal and I'm in FL so it doesn't get used very much the past few years, but that may change here soon. Advantage builds a great boat, but not setup for 800hp, so we're kinda always tinkering with the setup which is part of the fun! What Advantage did you have?
Old 07-29-2014, 11:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44
Thanks that will be interesting to see. The Advantage is good, it spends its time in my Dads garage in SoCal and I'm in FL so it doesn't get used very much the past few years, but that may change here soon. Advantage builds a great boat, but not setup for 800hp, so we're kinda always tinkering with the setup which is part of the fun! What Advantage did you have?
Made it back from the lake and the boat ran great! We were having so much fun I never made it under the boat to measure the X dimension for you. We will be back up there soon and I will get that done.
The Hydromotive 25 pitch PX5-blade was really cool though. The boat came on plane very well (better than 4 blade) and the cruise speed was awesome! Top number was not as fast as the 4 blade 26 lab Bravo 1. Top number was 70 mph at 5100 rpm. This was a stock five blade, I liked the way the boat handled. I may talk to Hydromotive about working on it. For now I am still leaning toward the 26 Bravo lab 4 blade. Very close in performance but the 4 blade is 2.5 mph faster!

My Advantage was the 22 citation with a 580 Hp 509 and DPX drive that we had talked about. Looked like a Cole boats graphic with checker flag, purple, teal, and greys. The boat ran 82 at Havasu, too fast for that boat!
Old 10-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bert4332, can you clear your inbox, I am trying to send you a PM. Or send me an email address I have some more questions for you anout your old boat. Thanks and sorry for the old post hijack, just did not know another way to try and contact you.