Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
Lavey Sebring Big Block Upgrade >

Lavey Sebring Big Block Upgrade

Notices

Lavey Sebring Big Block Upgrade

Old 03-18-2016, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah that boat's beautiful. You can turn up the 700s to be 900+hp pretty easy, but the NXT cone clutch trans is a big weak link. Ultimate solution is to do a transmission conversion to put a Bam cyborg trans it in...about $10k a side I think. Another 400hp and a bullet proof trans would make that a badass 125+ mph setup....its only money...

Didn't mean to derail your thread UD lol...I'm interested to see how that sebring runs now.
Old 03-20-2016, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToMorrow44 View Post
Yeah that boat's beautiful. You can turn up the 700s to be 900+hp pretty easy, but the NXT cone clutch trans is a big weak link. Ultimate solution is to do a transmission conversion to put a Bam cyborg trans it in...about $10k a side I think. Another 400hp and a bullet proof trans would make that a badass 125+ mph setup....its only money...

Didn't mean to derail your thread UD lol...I'm interested to see how that sebring runs now.
All good Tom!

I think it may have upgraded transmissions in it? - and its the dry sump NTX version. The drives themselves are massive.

You can put your cheek on the side and look all the way down there isn't so much as a ripple or a wave in that boat.

Id give my left nut to own it - I dont have a vehicle capable of towing it though.

The sebring ought to sing.
Attached Thumbnails Lavey Sebring Big Block Upgrade-nat_1052.jpg  
Old 08-06-2016, 06:00 PM
Registered

almost there.....

UD
Attached Thumbnails Lavey Sebring Big Block Upgrade-front-shot-acceosries-brackets.jpg  
Old 10-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Registered

Running and tuned up ready to go. Just have to put the interior back in and dress a few pieces up and she's ready to go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRPJkpmB7ns

UD
Old 11-01-2016, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey UD,
Project is looking pretty sweet. Those vids will help those of us who put our rigs away for the winter get jazzed for winter upgrades!
Not to mention the suspense for the results.
Bring the Go-Pro!

Trying to reach you for a question but your inbox is full. Can you PM me? Hoping you can help me with a 2750 question.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 11-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoodTrade 2750 View Post
Hey UD,
Project is looking pretty sweet. Those vids will help those of us who put our rigs away for the winter get jazzed for winter upgrades!
Not to mention the suspense for the results.
Bring the Go-Pro!

Trying to reach you for a question but your inbox is full. Can you PM me? Hoping you can help me with a 2750 question.

Cheers,
Paul
Thanks!

Ill go delete a buncha mails and ping you...

UD
Old 01-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Registered

Any updates on this rocket?
Old 01-12-2017, 11:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00 View Post
Currently the boat is at Lavey Craft. It is fully rigged and ready to be ran but is undergoing a few interior/carpet refreshens. Should hit the water early spring I hope. I'm sure Uncle Dave can chime in more for more of his plans. I to am anxious to see this boat hit the water!

Last edited by lavey jr; 01-12-2017 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-17-2017, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00 View Post
Mechanically its ready to go scorch the lake.

Cosmetically Im a victim of the " while I have it open " syndrome and decided to fresh the inside just a tiny bit while I've got it all apart.

Im crawling all over the place with excitement, just itching to go stand on it.

Plan is to run it first season easy and try some props out with it at 1.5, before taking it down to 1.3 something.

Thanks for asking will update w video the day it happens.

UD
Old 09-04-2017, 04:12 AM
Registered

Any updates Dave? I keep coming back to this thread hoping to find some new video. Summer is almost over.

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser