Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > LaveyCraft
I hear there will be some new news coming down the pike >

I hear there will be some new news coming down the pike

Notices

I hear there will be some new news coming down the pike

Old 05-10-2016, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey fellas, I've been good just busy. Got one kid in college and another coming up, both are driving now so my $$$ now goes toward vehicles and tuition. But hoping that changes within the next year. Hoping you still have my big bumpers John! lol. Getting back to the 29', I've never lost any of my cushions, not once. My wife & I LOVED the internal coolers, wouldn't touch them. I don't know the cost factors but the dash is quite bland. IMO Cigarette's dashes are a work of art. Let's face it, just about all boats contain the same type of instruments that measure the same stuff, so it's a matter of design. I know the new 29 isn't going to be a MCOB, but I'm sure it has a chance to debut. I love the MCOB, I never slept on my cuddy so I'd rather have the space for extra guests. Lavey's open bow design isn't bad, but I think Sunsation's cushion design blows it away.

Didn't initially like the clear coat in the bilge, but it grew on me and now wouldn't change it for the world. I would definitely add custom internal led lighting, it's cheap and goes a long way. Perhaps a cool LC clear acrylic symbol in middle of the sun pad with led under lighting at night and you can see the engine during the day.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll keep checking back and I'll chime in.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:32 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey Bert I still have your box with some stuff in it and of course the box anchor. Its in storage but I have not been down there in over a year. When I finally get to it I will check on your stuff and try to pull it out. TTYL

Last edited by BUP; 05-11-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:54 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
I don't know the cost factors but the dash is quite bland. IMO Cigarette's dashes are a work of art. Let's face it, just about all boats contain the same type of instruments that measure the same stuff, so it's a matter of design. I know the new 29 isn't going to be a MCOB, but I'm sure it has a chance to debut. I love the MCOB, I never slept on my cuddy so I'd rather have the space for extra guests. Lavey's open bow design isn't bad, but I think Sunsation's cushion design blows it away.
That's funny, I'm the complete opposite, I like a more traditional flat dash that gives the customer more options. A lot of boats (almost all of them at the Miami boat show this year) aren't even built with steam gauges, it's all done on MFDs now. Me personally, I would have a tach and gps speedo, then a racepak screen with all the other engine info (or vessel view 7), and a garmin gps for nav. That's why I don't necessarily care for the molded in gauge bezels like the cigarettes and sunsations have. Speaking of sunsations, the one thing I always thought was cool was they put a speedo molded into the open bow. Don't know why, but seemed cool to me.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:54 AM
BUP
Banned

I like the idea of the glove box plus the looks of it installed on the 39 Lavey
Old 05-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Please do not mess with the keyless-start....one of the little badass functions I love about this boat.... who needs keys!
You don't even need memory with my rig - I never bothered with the code- its like a 170K set of luggage.

- start- run - boom.

If I lock the boat its at the perko switch.

The engine bins are my catch all as well and I found I can fit 2-5ers in each.

Good for powell Mead runs that have personal watercraft (hungry lake lice) waiting for fuel at a camp, and Ocean runs from MDR to San diego with no stops.

Which lights? I have the stupidly expensive but fully potted /tri color Aiperon LED's and some other light I rarely to never use.

UD
Old 07-07-2016, 05:56 PM
Registered

Any updates on this project?
Old 07-07-2016, 07:23 PM
BUP
Banned

Yes we finally have the colors and design all laid out. Lay up of the hull has started.

The engine is going to be a huge surprise and so is the name of the engine builder and tuner combo. The fuel injection and ECM are going have the coolest things to offer especially in monitoring and diagnostics.

8 - O2 sensors incorped into this as well. for a sneak word about it.

HP projection 900 & torque the same ----- ALL - NA - no juice - no turbo - no SC - 100 % NA running on 91 octane pump gas.

LOTO Shootout bound for 2017 with a team on hand and we are bringing it - 30.6 ft boat - 8.6 beam - single NA engine - full cabin and full interior - this PUP is going to be fast

Last edited by BUP; 07-07-2016 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BUP
Yes we finally have the colors and design all laid out. Lay up of the hull has started.

The engine is going to be a huge surprise and so is the name of the engine builder and tuner combo. The fuel injection and ECM are going have the coolest things to offer especially in monitoring and diagnostics.

8 - O2 sensors incorped into this as well. for a sneak word about it.

HP projection 900 & torque the same ----- ALL - NA - no juice - no turbo - no SC - 100 % NA running on 91 octane pump gas.

LOTO Shootout bound for 2017 with a team on hand and we are bringing it - 30.6 ft boat - 8.6 beam - single NA engine - full cabin and full interior - this PUP is going to be fast
Sounds interesting. I can't wait to hear the details on how you manage to accomplish all of this.

Last edited by 900HP; 07-07-2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Construction is underway.

Bup agonized over the look and we round tabled several iterations all pretty cool to be honest.

I'm imagining he's accomplishing the power the old fashioned way with tons of money, lots of displacement, and great parts, I am eager to see this new builder show his stuff.

Here's a preview of the top being taped out.

UD
Attached Thumbnails I hear there will be some new news coming down the pike-bup-29.jpg  
Old 07-08-2016, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Construction is underway.

Bup agonized over the look and we round tabled several iterations all pretty cool to be honest.

I'm imagining he's accomplishing the power the old fashioned way with tons of money, lots of displacement, and great parts, I am eager to see this new builder show his stuff.

Here's a preview of the top being taped out.

UD
I love the design and the look! I hope you continue to post photos as this progresses. I have never seen how a boat is actually built so this is very cool to me. Thank you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.