Lavey Sabre Questions... >

Lavey Sabre Questions...

Notices

Lavey Sabre Questions...

Old 04-02-2018, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lavey Sabre Questions...

I'm looking for a 24-28' Cat under 80k and have narrowed it down to HTM, LaveyCraft Sabre and Nordic Thor and wanted to hear any comments on the Sabre as far as ride, quality and hull with recommended power.

Anything reviews people have would much be appreciated. I'm, for sure, in "the learning process".

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2018, 01:53 PM
Registered

HTM going to be the fastest per horse power. Ride is not going to be as comfortable as the other two. I went with the Sabre because I like the size and the way the boat is built. The ride in three foot water is very impressive. I don't know much about the Nordic.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by powermizer
HTM going to be the fastest per horse power. Ride is not going to be as comfortable as the other two. I went with the Sabre because I like the size and the way the boat is built. The ride in three foot water is very impressive. I don't know much about the Nordic.
I appreciate the info, PowerMizer! I'm leaning toward the Lavey too. What power does yours have and how long have you had it? Does it bounce at any speeds? What is top speed? thx.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:13 PM
Registered

Unfortunately I just bought it in February. I only had it out once, the day I bought it. I have been working out all of the bugs so far. Trailer brakes, Now a coupler and gimbal bearing. weather is just starting to get good here, I need to get my butt into gear. Mine has a 588 fuel injected naturally aspirated motor. 85mph is all I know for speed right now. hoping to get it dialed in for some more. I can tell you that it stays flat, even when I was only doing 40 in 3ft waves. at 75 it was very comfortable. .
Old 04-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by powermizer
Unfortunately I just bought it in February. I only had it out once, the day I bought it. I have been working out all of the bugs so far. Trailer brakes, Now a coupler and gimbal bearing. weather is just starting to get good here, I need to get my butt into gear. Mine has a 588 fuel injected naturally aspirated motor. 85mph is all I know for speed right now. hoping to get it dialed in for some more. I can tell you that it stays flat, even when I was only doing 40 in 3ft waves. at 75 it was very comfortable. .
Very nice! Come back and post more detail once you get a little more seat time. What year is yours and what did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? Thx again.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Registered

Old 04-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Registered

Man that looks sweet! Where did you pick it up from?
Old 04-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Registered

Thanks! It's a 01. It actually came from California, the guy used it at take Havasu.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like beauty. I always wanted one of those after I rode in the Ilmor boat.

As to what they can take they seem to run better and bette was you add HP.

Stock 710 on a cold day boat ran like104 -7 depending on fuel load and temp with a modest wheel you could prop it a bit higher but it killed the midrange punch.

Dave Stehles rig is a dream With the boostpower 900 clocked 116 . He says it kept pulling and could have likely pulled a bigger wheel.
Took a awhile to dial it in to that though and bunch of combos didn't work and he ended I think with a Max Machine work drive.

We've heard of a PSI set up running 120, and there has been more than one "scary fast" one with no claim behind all claimed rock solid platform in big lake chop.

We've also seen more than a few beat terribly with aftermarkets mods that weren't well executed.

UD

Last edited by Uncle Dave; 04-08-2018 at 10:39 AM. Reason: spelling...
Old 04-07-2018, 06:26 PM
Registered

Thanks, Dave. Ya I would like to know more about Dave's Sabre. Drive height and all. I talked to Chris and he said the drive heights ranged a bit on the first ones until they figured it out. By the looks of mine, the gimbal housing could only go up about 3/4 of a inch without hitting swim platform. I know I could go with a short lower. I just want to know where the majority of them are sitting for drive height.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.