Laveycraft Status >

Laveycraft Status

Notices

Laveycraft Status

Old 04-12-2021, 04:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Laveycraft Status

Just a honest question. What is the status with Laveycraft? I know one of the brothers went a different route and they were or did relocate to a smaller shop, but lately there has been no activity. Saw some post on the other forum that made it sound like Laveycraft had closed shop. Just curious if there is any truth to this. I have had my heart set on getting one sooner or later, but would hate to hear they had closed up.
Old 04-13-2021, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Alway's been a big fan of Laveycraft and they have some great models.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:49 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
Just a honest question. What is the status with Laveycraft? I know one of the brothers went a different route and they were or did relocate to a smaller shop, but lately there has been no activity. Saw some post on the other forum that made it sound like Laveycraft had closed shop. Just curious if there is any truth to this. I have had my heart set on getting one sooner or later, but would hate to hear they had closed up.
maybe checking in a River Dave's place will get you more responses.
Old 04-13-2021, 08:24 PM
Registered

That was where I saw a post indicating they had shut down. I have had good luck reaching Dave and Lavey Jr over here so thought I would ask directly.
Thanks.
Old 04-16-2021, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Chris told me they are shut down for now but has some plans to bring some bigger models back in the future....
My opinion.... the V bottom days are gone for now...(Lavey built so many awesome V's) who knows maybe they come back like the outboards have done.... Lavey never had a firm hold on the deck boat market which friggen exploded in the last 10years....
I wish him and fam the best and I can't wait to see what he's involved in right now come to the market.
Old 04-17-2021, 10:41 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

I know of a few manufacturers that are having issues with getting resins, due the Texas big freeze this past winter, and have temp. closed doors....
Old 04-18-2021, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I should have said ---for the most part....smaller, west coast V's are gone for now....
Old 04-18-2021, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Lavey Craft has closed its doors for now. When Chris will open back up, I cannot tell you because I do not know. He has retained all the molds and assets so not all is lost and his passion for boats and Lavey Craft is still 100% there!

He’s gotten a lot of interest in builds for 24’s and 2750’s. If anybody wants contact info to reach him for work on your boat or for new build inquiries please email [email protected]
The following users liked this post:
larslindroth (05-07-2021)
Old 04-21-2021, 03:16 AM
Registered

Sad to hear, but that is what I was afraid of. I wonder what it would take to convert the 29 into a twin outboard center console? Those seem to sell like hotcakes.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 635 Likes on 293 Posts

Jeff & Chris have for years been a couple of my absolute favorite fellows in the boating biz. I sure hope Chris will build some more of their Eddie Morenz-designed NuEra hulls in a new location soon.

Pre-owned Laveys just increased 50% in value i.m.h.o. There have been three West Coast single-engine V-bottoms I have been close to ordering a new one of, when my personal financial

situations at times were very favorable; Howard Custom Boats Bullett 28, Lavey Craft 28 EVO, and the Team Scarab 26. I'm lucky at least two out of three still are up and running at the moment,

but I see Lavey coming back with a vengeance out there in one of the sand dune oasis in the very near future.

Speedboat Magazine article by Brett:

A NuEra in Lavey Craft's legendary success story is imminent.

Last edited by larslindroth; 05-07-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.