Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > LGPBA
Snow Report >

Snow Report

Snow Report

Old 12-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

How did the trails hold up? Any first hand reports?
Old 12-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Registered

From another one of my sites. Another rider's report.

Decided to give SW a try yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. The groomer guys did a great job preping the trails for the big meltdown. Just about everything was groomed prior to the warm weather and the rain. When I showed up yesterday, driving up Rt9, the first thing I noticed was semi fresh groomer tracks crossing the road near Roaring Brook/Transfer Station. SW even Groomed some after the Rain & Thaw!

Did 61 miles on the trails. They were not perfect, there were some water holes here and there, but I have driven them MUCH worse in the past. From Luzerne, C4B, was groomed post thaw, up through Wilkie and Butler ponds, back to the transfer station. Prospect was hard packed & Ice. No pavement except for the top parking lot where there was no snow at all... GREEN. Even did the back side of prospect. This trail was very hard packed, and there were the usual washouts, but like I said I have seen it worse. Butermilk and the river trail was sweet like always. Some of the smaller trails varied and by 2PM the hardpack was started to loosen up and I noticed the corners starting show dirt.

In the end I was was happy, but I prepared for the worse. The guys in the groomers did a GREAT job with what they had to work with.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:28 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Indian lake, Ole Barn was awesome today
Old 12-30-2008, 07:30 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Originally Posted by otis311 View Post
Johnny, do you know the trails over to Brant Lake and that area from my house or Padinarium
Not all that well. My dad might,Doug Johnson,Bruce Malory Jr and those guys know it best over there.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Registered

Trails were pretty good this weekend but they could use more snow. Hopefully Wednesday's storm stays al snow to cover up the bare spots/pebbles.
Attached Thumbnails Snow Report-f8-f6-rev-vanare.jpg   Snow Report-line-up-monster.jpg  
Old 01-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Should be good on saturday
Old 01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Registered

Snowboarding was aweful tonight. If that helps??????? Havent got on a sled yet. Prospect had a few trucks at the base.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered

Anthony, break 'em out!

Coming up for this weekend as well...
Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Registered

We are supposed to get somw snow tonight. Im going to pick up a couple sleds tomorrow. Keep me posted. I can ride just let me know what day/night.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Hey Pete gimme a call, we might be out saturday. Got enough snow last night so that school is closed.

Quick Reply: Snow Report

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser