Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magic
39 Voodoo...also looking for info or guideance. >

39 Voodoo...also looking for info or guideance.

Notices

39 Voodoo...also looking for info or guideance.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 39 Voodoo...also looking for info or guideance.

Looked at '93 voodoo 39 today. I think I can buy this boat for $25k or less, one bad motor (502's), other one supposedly runs (but have to assume it will need 2 motors and full drive service min), been sitting for 5 years untouched on a lift. Hull is pristine, Bravo one's, interior is heavily mildewed but in good shape, missing the door to the head, also missing the cabin DOOR, but the lid/hatch is there. I can't even find a pic to see how the damn cabin door was fitted. 460 hours total. I just don't know if I have a $45k boat when I'm done or a $75k rare wave crusher? I've "heard" they are heavy and ride great. For a 93 it has pretty decent if not cool graphics.

ANY info or guidance as to what this boat is worth now or nicely freshened up would be GREATLY appreciated!
Old 09-13-2012, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Magic 39' VooDoo last year. Looked great on the outside but was not taken care of. I found rotted bulk heads and stringers. I'm building blown 509's for it right now and upgrading the outdrives to built XR's. I completed all the structual repairs and its at the upolstery shop for new upolstery in the cockpit.
I did find that the stringer that runs under stairs of the cabin had been chopped up bad by magic to gain the clearence needed and was never radiused, glassed or nothing where they chopped it to where itwas only 1 1/2" tall for a 8' section.
If you buy the boat or have any questions I can answer let me know, I now know these boats inside and out!
VooDoo39