Double Trouble Info:

Notices

Double Trouble Info:

Old 06-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double Trouble Info:

This is the message:

The Sport did not sell on ebay. I was the first bidder...got up to $14,999...then ebay had
technical problems and I couln't bid any higher. Nobody could.

I'm negotiating a deal with the owner, as we speak. It's the most beautifull restored Magnum I
have ever seen. The person that restored it spared no cost. Unfortunately he found out he had
cancer and sold it for $38,000 when it was finished, a fraction of the value, since he put
$60,000 into it. The present owner has had it for 3 years and hasn't got time to enjoy her.

Considering what they're asking for the ones for sale on OSO, what do you think it's worth? The
only thing the restorer didn't do was update the Volvo drives to Mercs. But when you consider
the owner of "Powder Keg" that was for sale recently on OSO was asking $50,000, all original, I
think "Double Trouble" is worth more. Of couse, there is a limited market for 27' Sports, but
for the "Conesuer", I don't think price matters. To me it's a good investment, cause Magnum's
not going to make anymore, and if they ever do, they'll be much lighter, won't ride like the old
ones, and won't hold their value. They'll just be another typical 27' offshore, like a Fastech,
Baja or whatever. They'll just cost a lot more because of the name.

I just registered with OSO, and until I send them my membership fee shortly, I can't post or
reply on the forums. You could, do me a favour and post the info I've sent you, word for word,
which would be a benefit to all members interested. Quite frankly, I'd really appreitiate you
opinion, and others as well

Regards, Bob
Old 06-19-2006, 07:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Re: Double Trouble Info:

i looked at that mag when it was for sale 3 yrs ago, you are right that boat is beautifull, The price is like ya said up to the buyer... They are worth what you think they are worth, i did not have the money at the time otherwise i would have bought it.........The money spent to become a member here is worth its weight in gold,the information here and the people are so knowlegable you can litterally due anything to your boat yourself just by posting pics and asking questiones......Hope everything works out for ya mags are awsome..................if ya need help just post the mag owners here are super knowlegable...........
Old 06-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Registered

I also have Magnum Sport for sale.
If you are interested it can be seen on the Magnum Marine website. It has just been detailed and serviced.
You can pm me or e-mail @:
[email protected]
I will also post it in the classifieds in a day or two.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered

I also have Magnum Sport for sale.
If you are interested it can be seen on the Magnum Marine website. It has just been detailed and serviced.
You can pm me or e-mail @:
[email protected]
I will also post it in the classifieds in a day or two.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

i can tell ya that i have seen both of these mags and for the money you can not find a cleaner more well restored one than magnuman boat it is flawless, I WOULD LOOK AT HIS BEFORE I BOUGHT ANYTHING...............
Old 06-20-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered

Nocig,
Thanks for the recommendation.
The boat has just been listed in the classifieds.
It has just been detailed and serviced. The drives were removed checked and lubed as I do every year. No signs of any wear.