Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Magnum Marine (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine-63/)
-   -   Areo Marine ?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/magnum-marine/150221-areo-marine.html)

Russ G 01-28-2007 03:48 PM

Aero Marine ??

I just checked out a boat that I thought was a 27 Magnum sport but it has a logo that said Aero Marine. It looks just like a 27 ft sport to me. Its a project for sure, although its all there. It has one big block (old school with log type exhaust) and a weird looking drive with trans.? Not sure of the drive. Maybe a old volvo. Owner said it runs well but I think I would just repower. Whats the story, is it worth fixing up if this is the type of boat I want. Is it built as good and does it run as well as the magnum?

Thanks
Russ

First Gun 01-28-2007 09:47 PM

Re: Areo Marine ??

do not know about areo marine history but if you are looking for a 27 Magnum I have one that will be on the market soon!

northernoffshore 01-28-2007 09:50 PM

I think it was built in michigan. I have seen a 28 cig copy with that name from there. That was powered by big blocks and two right arnesons surface drives. The cig copy was built preety good, but not a cig. jay.

Russ G 01-28-2007 10:43 PM

It does have michigan boat reg. numbers.

h2oboater 01-29-2007 08:04 AM

Areo marine, Lancer marine, Predator, and yes Awesome, and more!! were boat companies in Michigan,, by the same guy, the 27' vee bottom's were a copy off the Magnum [Double Vision] now owned by nocigarette. Most of the 24'&27' vee bottom boats Jim built were single engine with STERNPOWER IO's.

Lee 01-29-2007 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by h2oboater (Post 2008483)
Areo marine, Lancer marine, Predator, and yes Awesome, and more!! were boat companies in Michigan,, by the same guy, the 27' vee bottom's were a copy off the Magnum [Double Vision] now owned by nocigarette. Most of the 24'&27' vee bottom boats Jim built were single engine with STERNPOWER IO's.

Mark O.?

h2oboater 01-29-2007 08:44 AM

LEE how did you know?????? I have lots of time on my hands now! cant boat for now,, so at lest I can talk about them?

Lee 01-29-2007 09:36 AM

Local guy + Masters Degree in Offshore Racing History + 38' Scarab
I don't know jusy a lucky guess LOL
How's it going neighbor?

h2oboater 01-29-2007 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Lee (Post 2008566)
Local guy + Masters Degree in Offshore Racing History + 38' Scarab
I don't know jusy a lucky guess LOL
How's it going neighbor?

Great just watching all the fisherman on the ice way to cold out,, had a nother back surgry since the last time we talked so Im down for RR. I need to get a scanner so I can post some of the pics I have taken over the last 35 years, thats my next project.

Stormrider 01-29-2007 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by 27magnum (Post 2008304)
do not know about areo marine history but if you are looking for a 27 Magnum I have one that will be on the market soon!

Can u post some pics???