Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
28 Arrow Magnum >

28 Arrow Magnum

Notices

28 Arrow Magnum

Old 08-15-2007, 05:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yesterdays No2 test. Some of you guyz knows that I orderd this Arrow hull 2003 sept, 9-11 to be exact. I drove my 312 Stinger to the island were the Arrow-"factory" are located and placed the order. 65nm north Stockholm. I had the hull deliverd 2004 jan-feb. Did some minor job on the boat but not really any progress. Orderd a crate 572/620 to the hull. Sold the 312 may last year and realise that was no chance to have the Arrow to season 2006. Gave Bruce Seroff a offer and had his 28 Pantera Race complete w/o engine. Droped the 572 in the Pantera and had a great boat for a season. Took out the engine and sold the Pantera to Finland last sep/oct. Now I had just the Arrow!
OK, back to yesterdays No2 test.... We had Johnnys computer-progr guy Carl in the cockpit. A guy full of nerv, brain and knowledge....he went 20 last weekend...Young guys are the best hahaha!! We didn't get the low range numbers in the dyno shop. Dont ask me why. But from 4000-5700 everything was 100%. We had the extern lamda sond conected to the exhaust and computer to the Autronic SM4 and went out to have some data. Johnny took the wheel. Carl in the navigator seat with the top on his laps... I was nervous sittn were the rear seats sopose to be, no grab handle. After a little test at <3000RPM checking drive and tab levels we really wana have her dance. Since the drive is brand new we need to take it easy first 10hrs. 16% throttle to have the boat up from the hole!!! We did a few drive by Sätra Varv and I belive the test wa15-18nm. We didn't gave her more than 4200rpm 2psi boost @ 28-30% throttle. When we came down to Slagsta the water went a little more choppy 1-2" and the boat went ROCKET!!! No endless happiness. The compressor belt brooke down again. We have some teories why. But the worse thing is that a steering hose is brooken and its not a plenty of place in the engineroom..Oil and belt parts all over the place HA HA.Have to take care of that s**t tonight. Going to show some pics later. But I cant imagine to rev this boat @ 5700!!!

And YES, Davo we going to Nynäs.

Mange
Old 08-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mange
Yesterdays No2 test. Some of you guyz knows that I orderd this Arrow hull 2003 sept, 9-11 to be exact. I drove my 312 Stinger to the island were the Arrow-"factory" are located and placed the order. 65nm north Stockholm. I had the hull deliverd 2004 jan-feb. Did some minor job on the boat but not really any progress. Orderd a crate 572/620 to the hull. Sold the 312 may last year and realise that was no chance to have the Arrow to season 2006. Gave Bruce Seroff a offer and had his 28 Pantera Race complete w/o engine. Droped the 572 in the Pantera and had a great boat for a season. Took out the engine and sold the Pantera to Finland last sep/oct. Now I had just the Arrow!
OK, back to yesterdays No2 test.... We had Johnnys computer-progr guy Carl in the cockpit. A guy full of nerv, brain and knowledge....he went 20 last weekend...Young guys are the best hahaha!! We didn't get the low range numbers in the dyno shop. Dont ask me why. But from 4000-5700 everything was 100%. We had the extern lamda sond conected to the exhaust and computer to the Autronic SM4 and went out to have some data. Johnny took the wheel. Carl in the navigator seat with the top on his laps... I was nervous sittn were the rear seats sopose to be, no grab handle. After a little test at <3000RPM checking drive and tab levels we really wana have her dance. Since the drive is brand new we need to take it easy first 10hrs. 16% throttle to have the boat up from the hole!!! We did a few drive by Sätra Varv and I belive the test wa15-18nm. We didn't gave her more than 4200rpm 2psi boost @ 28-30% throttle. When we came down to Slagsta the water went a little more choppy 1-2" and the boat went ROCKET!!! No endless happiness. The compressor belt brooke down again. We have some teories why. But the worse thing is that a steering hose is brooken and its not a plenty of place in the engineroom..Oil and belt parts all over the place HA HA.Have to take care of that s**t tonight. Going to show some pics later. But I cant imagine to rev this boat @ 5700!!!

Mange
Too bad I wasn´t able to get out there , stupid boat.
In what way did the steering hose brake?

EDIT: It was not my Arrow that didn´t work.

Last edited by hermelinen; 08-15-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Registered

What did I say about those hoses Mange!

I you want, i can get you the best hoses availble on the market. For free of course...
Just give me the lenghts and size of the hose, and also type of connector.

Last edited by Sebastian Petersson; 08-15-2007 at 06:11 AM. Reason: spelling...
Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sebastian Petersson
What did I say about those hoses Mange!

I you want, i can get you the best hoses availble on the market. For free of course...
Just give me the lenghts and size of the hose, and also type of connector.
Yeep I know Sebban.... Thanks!! I'll check these hoses and connectors tonight.

Here's some pics from yesterday,, not so exiting but a boat HA HA HA.

Mange
Attached Thumbnails 28 Arrow Magnum-mapp01.jpg   28 Arrow Magnum-mapp02.jpg   28 Arrow Magnum-mapp04.jpg  

Old 08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Registered

Yeep I know Sebban.... Thanks!! I'll check these hoses and connectors tonight.

Mange
Yeah, check that. Probably 3/8" JIC... 9/16" thread.

I will be in Sthlm tomorrow and be working on the cruiser M/S Tajin, going to change a hydraulic pump for the bow prop.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Mange

Mange!

It sounds sick! :-)

What do you reckon the topspeed will be? It sound lika a 3-figured number in mph wouldn't be impossible.

Sadly I can't go to nynäs this weekend but hope to see you and the boat sometime soon.

// Jon
Old 08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered

Hi there!

Just got to say, I LOVE THAT BOAT. I have followed the project for some time (on another site also) and I wish you the best of luck with it!

BR
Mattias
Old 08-16-2007, 04:22 AM
Registered

You will have to bring a handheld GPS next time you're out to get some true numbers, to calculate the real slip etc.

Remember that the Bravos are numbered about 1 " over the true pitch. (Your 32" is a true 31" pitch).

I got to 12% slip with the Pantera and the Bravo 28"... I need to find that labbed 30"!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 06:30 AM
Registered

Yesterday we had the hose failure fixed. A conector had came off!!! Strange!! I really have to re do some of the steering system during the winter. Its not service friendly as it looks today. Now I know that ...ha ha ha. 3L hydraulic oil on the bottom and a broken compressor belt took up this oil and had it distributed all over the place. Now it looks racing down there he he he. Have to take care of that mess today. Johnny will make some updates at the comressor belt system with an extra support pulley. Think it will be fine. Maybe if we have the time we might drive her later today/tonight just to see so everything works fine and MAYBE add some RPM's to the slow 4200....

JON, I really dont know but what top speed we will see. What do you think?

Husse, Nice to see you here. Thanks for your kind words!!

Mange

Last edited by Mange; 08-16-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:35 AM
Registered

Yesterday we had the hose failure fixed. A conector had came off!!! Strange!! I really have to re do some of the steering system during the winter. Its not service friendly as it looks today. Now I know that ...ha ha ha. 3L hydraulic oil on the bottom and a broken compressor belt took up this oil and had it distributed all over the place. Now it looks racing down there he he he. Have to take care of that mess today. Johnny will make some updates at the comressor belt system with an extra support pulley. Think it will be fine. Maybe if we have the time we might drive her later today/tonight just to see so everything works fine and MAYBE add some RPM's to the slow 4200....

Mange
More RPM, MORE
Are you going to run the boat at the same place as the other day?

Quick Reply: 28 Arrow Magnum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.