Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
Found a magnum, need some advice! >

Found a magnum, need some advice!

Notices

Found a magnum, need some advice!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Found a magnum, need some advice!

Hello All,

I am very new to this forum and I am here because I am looking to purchase a Magnum. I found one in a field and need to know what you guys think. I have no idea of the conditions of the engines or the out drives but the hull looks in real good shape. My plan is to replace the 2 small blocks with a single big block and a bravo drive. I figured the interior would need to be done anyway. It appears to have a nice Aluminum I beam 2 axle trailer. Assuming the motors and outdrives are junk what would be a good price for just a hull and trailer. I also am not sure what model this is or year. I also saw no hull numbers on it it makes me a bit nerveous. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
502ss
Attached Thumbnails Found a magnum, need some advice!-1.jpg   Found a magnum, need some advice!-2.jpg   Found a magnum, need some advice!-3.jpg  

Old 08-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Registered

Here a a few more pics
Attached Thumbnails Found a magnum, need some advice!-4.jpg   Found a magnum, need some advice!-5.jpg   Found a magnum, need some advice!-6.jpg  

Old 08-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats.....it's an early 27 Sport.........the dash tells me its a '69-'71.......maybe a '72......that's about when they changed the dash.

Makes sense that it doesn't have a hull number too......

Here's a pic from a few years ago........
Attached Thumbnails Found a magnum, need some advice!-tn_magnum-27.jpg  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:20 AM
Registered

BTW:.....I think it was $6K a few years ago......considering the trailer.....that might be about right.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 24degrees
Congrats.....it's an early 27 Sport.........the dash tells me its a '69-'71.......maybe a '72......that's about when they changed the dash.

Makes sense that it doesn't have a hull number too......

Here's a pic from a few years ago........
OK, You have my attention! How do you have a photo of it from a few years ago and why does it make sense that it doesn't have hull numbers? I am getting a bad feeling about this. Do you know some history on this boat? Is it stolen?

Thanks 502ss
Old 08-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

Hull number were not on the mags proir to 74 area....Dont be nervous that is a real mag, ya can tell by the way the compass is in the deck ,the vents,dash as 24degrees said, lifting ring etc....if it was 6000 a couple of years ago maybe you should offer 4000-5000 that would be a steal for that rig especially with the trailer....Hell even 6000 i would still buy it.....The hull numbers could be behind the dash.....Dont be worried that is definatly a magnum......That is not the original life line though.......Trust the guys in this forum they know there sheeet......h20boater will chime in here i am sure of it.....BUY IT BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES......also the windshield is not original either....
Old 08-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

What if the seller does not have a title? Is one still required if the boat is 35+ years old?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

It's a Magnum, The Volvo drives have 280 lowers and power trim. This Mag has had some updates, or its a mid 70's year ?? Looks to be repainted, paint could have filled in the Hull numbers. I never saw this one, but I would keep the twin small blocks and Volvo drives. I love that tie bar on the drives, I have the same set up on my twin Cobra.
Attached Thumbnails Found a magnum, need some advice!-3.jpg  
Old 08-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Registered

Was this boat posted for sale on this forum before? Is that where 24degrees got the picture? Does anyone have any additional info on this boat?

Im trying not to get to excited as I am not sure this deal is going to play out.

Thanks Again
502ss
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Here's a '73 with the late dash.......that's why I think the boat is a pre '72-'73.
Attached Thumbnails Found a magnum, need some advice!-27sport02-6-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Found a magnum, need some advice!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.