A couple of Sports..... >

A couple of Sports.....

Notices

A couple of Sports.....

Old 11-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A couple of Sports.....

While at Magnum I took this picture.......the boat in the foreground has Michigan tags......it looks like the late Ted Theodoli driving....

Anyway.....I was thinking they might be these same 2 Michigan Sports?

What say ye?
Attached Thumbnails A couple of Sports.....-2sports.jpg   A couple of Sports.....-viewphotorm.jpg   A couple of Sports.....-magnum27-01.jpg  

Old 11-05-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 24degrees
While at Magnum I took this picture.......the boat in the foreground has Michigan tags......it looks like the late Ted Theodoli driving....

Anyway.....I was thinking they might be these same 2 Michigan Sports?

What say ye?
hey how are ya, the mag thats on the beach is mine, but now in canada, and the picture of the two sports, one is mine, the one closest, same vin when i got it and the sun deck pad and the vhs antenna, where did you get this pic as i would like to see other before i bought the boat in jefferson beach
Old 11-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Registered

Len......it's a photo of a photo at Magnum, in the manager's office......I took it last week.

I thought it looked like your boat and that is Ted Theodoli driving it......it was probably taken when it was new.

Please keep your boat as original as possible.....it's one of the best.

Aaron
Old 11-05-2007, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Len......it's a photo of a photo at Magnum, in the manager's office......I took it last week.

I thought it looked like your boat and that is Ted Theodoli driving it......it was probably taken when it was new.

Aaron
well thats a small world, im sure its the same boat what do you think?? who is Ted behind the helm
Old 11-05-2007, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Len S
well thats a small world, im sure its the same boat what do you think?? who is Ted behind the helm
Ted Theodoli bought Magnum from Aronow in '76.......Aronow had just bought it back from Apeco but I may be wrong?

His wife Katrin Theodoli owns it now.....Ted passed away a few years ago.

I do think it's your boat too.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Aaron
Aaron are you shure it's Ted ? I know the pic is a little fuzzy, it could also be Mark Mathis [in this Magnum pic] the owner of Emerald City Harbor the Magnum dealer, and ground zero of most of the Magnum's that raced here back then, but it also looks like Rich [beakman] one of the owners of that Mag. I dont remember Ted coming up here. I'm flying down to Key West Thursday to watch the worlds, Mark Mathis & most of the gang will be there and I will find out. But who ever it is it's a COOL SHOT !!! Did the Magnum make the trip back ok ??
Attached Thumbnails A couple of Sports.....-scan0013fb.jpg   A couple of Sports.....-2sports.jpg  
Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the word at the factory? Does the mother ship still consider us the red headed step child? Any support for all of the 27' Mag guy's out here... How about some reunion door prizes...or just host the bash...
Old 11-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Aaron are you shure it's Ted ? I know the pic is a little fuzzy, it could also be Mark Mathis [in this Magnum pic] the owner of Emerald City Harbor the Magnum dealer, and ground zero of most of the Magnum's that raced here back then, but it also looks like Rich [beakman] one of the owners of that Mag. I dont remember Ted coming up here. I'm flying down to Key West Thursday to watch the worlds, Mark Mathis & most of the gang will be there and I will find out. But who ever it is it's a COOL SHOT !!! Did the Magnum make the trip back ok ??
That would make more sense Mark......the manager at Magnum just said it looked like Ted.........oh well....it is a cool shot.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27 MAGNUM
What is the word at the factory? Does the mother ship still consider us the red headed step child? Any support for all of the 27' Mag guy's out here... How about some reunion door prizes...or just host the bash...
They were polite but I didn't want to wear out my welcome.......the manager Harold made some reference to "no money" in the smaller boats.....oh well.....you can't blame them, they do the big boats pretty well!

Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Magnum

As you recall I tried to get the 27 registration list from them but could not get them to release it.All I have is the maltese and the 25 sport. Bud

Quick Reply: A couple of Sports.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.