Lake St Clair Old School Reunion

Notices

Lake St Clair Old School Reunion

Old 04-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Lake St Clair Old School Reunion

I'm posting this here and on the Classic thread.
OLD SCHOOL OFFSHORE REUNION June-14-08

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well guys we need to make a tentative date for our reunion, how dose June 14 work. That is a week before the Don Aronow race in Florida. The last week of June is the Donzi run downriver from the lake, dont want to conflict with that. [can't forget the Donzi guys] We can meet early in the day at Jacks [a water front restaurant] witch is at Emerald City. There is usually room to tie many boats up at that time of day. Do a meet and greet than make a run on the lake to ???? or just stay at Jacks or whatever. These are just some thoughts, anyone have any impute ??? I think if we keep it SIMPLE this reunion will happen. We have a little time yet BUT. All old school offshores boats, and X racers & crews are welcome. We just need to know how much INTEREST is out there to do this. Mark
Old 04-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that would be great. Keep it simple, meet at Jacks around lunch time for some food and a beer or two and maybe make a run through Metro Beach or something like that.
Would be nice to see a bunch of Magnums, calssic donzi's and cigarettes, would be like a classic car show, im sure some people would show up just to look, I know I would.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default St Claire Meeting

Mark have the date locked in... will bring the Maltese pictured below with twin 350's,producing around 600 hp each.Also will try to get the just completed Maltese with twin 383's there to .Exactly where is Emerald city and Jacks.BudWeisner
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Old School Reunion-img_0004.jpg   Lake St Clair Old School Reunion-img_0017.jpg   Lake St Clair Old School Reunion-img_0007-.jpg  

Old 04-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good Mark,

If the boat dose not sell by then, We would like to bring the Magnum down to see you guys and take part in this cool event.
we would be coming by water from sarnia/lake huron
Len
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Old School Reunion-100_1471.jpg   Lake St Clair Old School Reunion-boat-pics-008.jpg  

Last edited by Len S; 04-05-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I can come up with the cash.....I may hook-up and head to Michigan.......sounds like my kind of hang out.

At the very least maybe I'll hop on my motorcycle......much cheaper!

Old 04-05-2008, 05:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 79 Likes on 32 Posts

I will be there....beer and old boats.....
Old 04-05-2008, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

I certainly hope that the whole group plans on heading south the following week for the Don Aronow Memorial Race on June 20th.

We want to encourage as many participants as possible.....with the way the laws change today...this may be the very last chance anyone ever has to really race in the open ocean again.

Remember Don loved his Magnums.
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Old School Reunion-aronowfile0003a.jpg   Lake St Clair Old School Reunion-aronowfile0002a.jpg   Lake St Clair Old School Reunion-aronowfile0028a.jpg  

Old 04-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Banana
I certainly hope that the whole group plans on heading south the following week for the Don Aronow Memorial Race on June 20th.

We want to encourage as many participants as possible.....with the way the laws change today...this may be the very last chance anyone ever has to really race in the open ocean again.

Remember Don loved his Magnums.
That's why I picked the week before the race, I-75 is a stright shot from here down to Florida. I here we have a few LSC boats going to the race. This reunion may get more guy's fired up to go to your race.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by h2oboater
That's why I picked the week before the race, I-75 is a stright shot from here down to Florida. I here we have a few LSC boats going to the race. This reunion may get more guy's fired up to go to your race.
That will be great...even if you don't want to actually race, we can use some period correct safety boats out on the course.

But of course once you get there with your boat on a trailer and the adreneline starts pumping.....we do accept late entries.

Here is an old Magnum hull that became a MEMCO when Kiekhaefer sold the molds he had to Mabry Edwards. Magnums were everywhere back then.
Attached Thumbnails Lake St Clair Old School Reunion-horba-flyer0001-small-.jpg  
Old 04-05-2008, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If any one need's a place for the weekend i am only 2 min from lake......

Quick Reply: Lake St Clair Old School Reunion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.