Notices

Hatch Scoops

Old 04-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Hatch Scoops

I have had a few calls about the hatch scoops that were used on many of the Mags that came from Emerald City [Back In The Day]. The Magnum hatch scoops were made a company called Sudbury the same comp that made the deck vent bubble, so I went to Jack Mathes [In this pic] from E.C.M and found this info out. I believe they are not available today.. But you never know what you will find here at Earls, or on the net... http://www.marine-sales.com/
Attached Thumbnails Hatch Scoops-mag-jackm-h2o-2.jpg  
Old 04-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i used the crome window scoop from a 1960s chris craft it is a perfect shape and a mold . 2 layers of glass and some bondo BAM! you have a scoop, almost as classey as a old news paper delevery box
Old 04-11-2010, 08:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scoops

H2o,

That's it. Same hatch as was on the pictures you posted of my boat when it was P-777 "Hot Doggin". Would love to get my hands on a set of these. Was it the entire hatch they made or just the scoops? My current hatch is intact and great for the swim pad, I believe this is an original as well but it would be great to have the scoops on the back.

I'll keep digging, keep me posted if you get any more info.

Jeff
Old 04-11-2010, 10:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by JPrusinows
H2o,

That's it. Same hatch as was on the pictures you posted of my boat when it was P-777 "Hot Doggin". Would love to get my hands on a set of these. Was it the entire hatch they made or just the scoops? My current hatch is intact and great for the swim pad, I believe this is an original as well but it would be great to have the scoops on the back.

I'll keep digging, keep me posted if you get any more info.

Jeff
Just the scoops Jeff. Maybe Sparky at Vicious, or Glass Dave here on OSO can make some up ?? I dont think it would be that hard to do
Old 04-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

------Mark,,,Ryan (the guy doing my Spitfire) could do this mold easily and hes right in Mt.Clemens.........Bill S
Old 04-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by olredalert
------Mark,,,Ryan (the guy doing my Spitfire) could do this mold easily and hes right in Mt.Clemens.........Bill S
Your right & and he is close by, there may be a market for them ??? h2o