Maltese Restoration

Notices

Maltese Restoration

Old 07-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maltese Restoration

Hello fellow Magnum owners,
just wanted to introduce myself and share my project, I would greatly appreciate any info, tips, or advice. Bud has been helping me with locating some parts and tons of info already. Bought the mag around 2/08 on ebay and definetly did not get what i thought i purchased. Boat was a mess with 1 engine & 1 drive shot to hell and all else was in very poor condition. I recently found many posts concerning this boat (to be wary of seller, around 11-07) wish i would have known about oso back then. Anyways, after 3 plus years of getting jerked around by so called mechanics in Miami, I found a boat guy in Denver, NC (lake Norman) Miller Marine, who up untill now has been more than fair and has exceeded all of my expectations. They've replaced the transom, installed 2 new Merc 350 MPI alpha drive packages, new controls, now in the process of gel-coating everything, bottom, sides, and top. After we will replace everything in the cockpit and cabin, plus hardware to make it as period correct as possible. I've posted pics of what i thought i originally bought and progress of the restoration, like I said any input is greatly appreciated,
Thanks, Robert
Attached Thumbnails Maltese Restoration-catawba-springs-20110629-00061.jpg   Maltese Restoration-img-20110610-00012.jpg   Maltese Restoration-img-20110610-00010.jpg  

Attached Images