Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi

Notices

Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi

Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi

Anyone know anything about the white Magnum sitting up on Division Rd in between Richmond and St Clair? Just curious really, seen it a couple times when i was up that way a while ago and had heard some stories.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-30-2011, 05:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
Anyone know anything about the white Magnum sitting up on Division Rd in between Richmond and St Clair? Just curious really, seen it a couple times when i was up that way a while ago and had heard some stories.
Dave, I believe it's a Klem Gem. Mark
Old 11-30-2011, 05:51 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Damn those things are everywhere, did Jim build more the Magnum or what?

I think it has Mag logos on it so yea it could be a Klym Story i got was whoever lives there is the original owner and he had it built. I think it is like a 29 or a 31 or something and if i'm not mistaken a late seventies. Wahoo (Dean) on the board here lives just down the road and i drove by it a couple times when i was up there. I think Dean may have talked to the guy at one time. I was just surfing the board while i have some sealer drying out in the shop and thought I'd run it by the Mag section, been meaning to for a while now
Old 11-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----Nah, Dave,,,Its just another 27 Klem Gem. I talked to the owner about 8 years ago. He loves playing games with who ever stops by to talk about it. Claims the bottom is blue-printed, claims big power, etc. My bet,,,, he will never get the boat wet again and wont sell it because then he wont have anything to BS about!!!........Bill S
Old 11-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Lol . . . . Who'da thunk . . . . A boater telling tall tales about his ride
Old 12-01-2011, 09:37 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lol . . . . Who'da thunk . . . . A boater telling tall tales about his ride
Jim built these exact Magnum sport knock offs from around 1979 to 1987. The easiest way to tell if one is by the anti skid on the deck, where the insert was. The other way is the lack of chrome side grills. Magnum owners in the Detroit area back in the day were finding that there side grills were were being takin when they left there Mags unattended. Dave did you ever pick up yours in St Clair ?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:57 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Not yet, still sitting on the far back burner while i round up parts. Way to much going on in the shop to even think about it. Out'a sight out'a mind. No matter though i actually prefer to round up a full 75% or so of the parts and sub assembly's before i touch it.

Thinking a pair of 450hp LS's. Hey how did these things run with Arnesons? I saw that burgandy/blue/white/?? one that was behind Ocean Express that had 'em and thought hey that would be cool
Old 12-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Not yet, still sitting on the far back burner while i round up parts. Way to much going on in the shop to even think about it. Out'a sight out'a mind. No matter though i actually prefer to round up a full 75% or so of the parts and sub assembly's before i touch it.

Thinking a pair of 450hp LS's. Hey how did these things run with Arnesons? I saw that burgandy/blue/white/?? one that was behind Ocean Express that had 'em and thought hey that would be cool
Jim only built a few of the with ASD's, that Mag is now black & white now with Bravos on it now. Sparky did the resto on that one.
Drake22.250 here on OSO just pick up a Klem with ASD's, here is the link. I think it would be a cool project.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/m...r-project.html
Attached Thumbnails Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi-mag-t-p-0068.jpg   Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi-boat-013.jpg   Magnum up on Division Rd St Clair Mi-aero-predator-2011-10-19.jpg  

Old 12-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Nice to see that 'ol cream puff resurected. When i looked at it she was pretty humble, LOTS of moss lol. I saw that at Sparkys and didnt even realize that was it. Had carbon fiber on the insert right? While i understand people like it, i didnt care for it on the deck.

That Klym looks like pretty interesting to, wonder how it runs with the surface drives. Would like to see more pics of it. Is Jim still around?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nice to see that 'ol cream puff resurected. When i looked at it she was pretty humble, LOTS of moss lol. I saw that at Sparkys and didnt even realize that was it. Had carbon fiber on the insert right? While i understand people like it, i didnt care for it on the deck.

That Klym looks like pretty interesting to, wonder how it runs with the surface drives. Would like to see more pics of it. Is Jim still around?
Jim & I havent talked in years but ironhead saw him about a year ago picking steel in his scrap bin. Many of his cat molds, with parts & junk in them are in a outside storage yard uncovered in Casco Twp.
With todays prop tech I'm sure you could make ASD's work, and without the breakage of a Bravo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.