Notices

Magnum Sedan

Old 09-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jtilt
First thanks for sticking up for my Sedan, And I guess there may not be a market for my boat at this price.

But let's take another approach and ask a professional.

Hello Bud, I just purchased a Magnum Sedan and am in the need of some restoration work. The engines are a little tired and not sure of the gas tanks and I think the floor above the tanks needs to be replaced. I also have the Volvo drives with a removable pin to change the trim angle. The interior is not completely in tact and needs to be replaced. I have attached a few photos of a sister Sedan and would like to know I rough cost and timeframe to duplicate.

OK. Lets stop there, because it already out of control. I'm not trying to be an Ass !!! And just trying to put it in prospective. All I'm hoping is that there's a prospective buyer out there that would love to own my boat and do a few items that he's glad to do. I love to take on a project and unfortunately is how it would have to happen for me. I just believe there's a person out there that can afford the enjoyment without the work.
Hi jtilt,
I am totally with you.
I have just spent nearly 4 years on a part time basis rebuilding a 1971 27 Sport to a much higher specification than when it was new.
I know that its cost both a significant amount of both time and money because my wife keeps telling me so !!
However its what I want, its to my standards I did not do it to make money I did it to please me, having spent most of my working life designing and manufacturing process equipment for the Advanced Composites sectors of the Aerospace,F1 and Military markets who demand and will pay for the best.
To some of us near enough is not always good enough. My boat is not for sale, however if some like minded person ever sees it and falls in love with it then at a price it could go and I will rebuild another even more upmarket.
Some people buy the most ridiculous looking picture for vast sums of money the likes of which I would not want to hang in my shed because the "market" dictates it has a high value.So what, the boat is worth what it is worth to YOU. If other do not wish to buy it for the money you want and as long as you can afford to keep it, its their loss as I am sure you never bought it as an investment in the first place. Enjoy it whilst you can and to hell with the rest.

KALAAZAR
Old 09-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

there is a buyer out there 4 everything.........just have 2 find 1....be patient..im thinking about the maltese in ariz....the sedn is the most pracital of all 28s...im selling my 66 stingray...if it sells i will most likely buy that 28.........cya........
Old 09-08-2013, 06:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The 28 is a good buy,call me 312-607-3115 and o can tell you what I know.
Have a survey I can send you
Bud
Old 09-09-2013, 12:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Let me know which one you purchase???? also never saw photos, you said you posted... send me the HIN # and will tell you what I know. Bud PM......

Last edited by mr vinyl; 09-09-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Joe send me your e-mail, need to send you some info. Bud
Old 09-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kalaazar, would love to see some pics of your boat. Im sure she is beautiful. Got a few Pisces of the MisBehave from a woman over the past weekend. It was the perfect day. I posted them in the Classic offshore forum. Hope all my fellow Magnum owners enjoy.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a great looking Sedan and correctly done...It'll sell.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

In Post # 10 Joe posed the question what does it cost to get any Magnum back into shape...believe me you will not be able to get it done for less that $25-35,000 unless you are able to everything...I mean everything your self like H2O Mark did. So his Sedan @ $35,000 is in the ball park.
I just purchased my first Sedan, and looking towards the restore and know including the price of the sedan and what needs to be done ,when finished it will be at that level and possibly higher. Fixing up the running gear and then it is off to Ft Meyers for the restoration. Will post pictures later. Bud
Old 09-14-2013, 06:31 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mr vinyl
Did not want to come off being rude...not my style. I hope he gets it sold.
However the market is not there...Sorry Bud
Originally Posted by mr vinyl
In Post # 10 Joe posed the question what does it cost to get any Magnum back into shape...believe me you will not be able to get it done for less that $25-35,000 unless you are able to everything...I mean everything your self like H2O Mark did. So his Sedan @ $35,000 is in the ball park.
I just purchased my first Sedan, and looking towards the restore and know including the price of the sedan and what needs to be done ,when finished it will be at that level and possibly higher. Fixing up the running gear and then it is off to Ft Meyers for the restoration. Will post pictures later. Bud
Just curious, since you buy, restore, and sell Magnums do you plan on keeping your newly acquired sedan after you restore it? because as you stated previously "the market is not there"
Old 09-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

No I am planning on keeping it. Bud

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.