Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Magnum Marine
Starfire Herringbone bracing >

Starfire Herringbone bracing

Notices

Starfire Herringbone bracing

Old 02-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok Bud, now I have to ask. Why would the factory have 2 different methods for reinforcing the engine compartment bottom on the Starfire? I understand that racers would have added the herringbone strips in the early to mid 70's on sports etc, but why would the factory do my boat with extra stringers and Gio's boat with the inferior( imo) strips?
The only explanation I can think of is that Gio's boat originally had small blocks from the factory and they didn't think the extra stringer was needed.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MDonziM
Ok Bud, now I have to ask. Why would the factory have 2 different methods for reinforcing the engine compartment bottom on the Starfire? I understand that racers would have added the herringbone strips in the early to mid 70's on sports etc, but why would the factory do my boat with extra stringers and Gio's boat with the inferior( imo) strips?
The only explanation I can think of is that Gio's boat originally had small blocks from the factory and they didn't think the extra stringer was needed.
Marshall
It's this the same opinion i have
If I had realized it before, I would have saved quite a lot of extra work...
Old 02-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The reason is that if you wanted something different on a race boat all you had to due is pay for it...they we always happy with up charges. Why they did yours different is most likely the 1st owner wanted that way. If yours was one of the early Starfires and Giovanni's was the 3rd from the last they built ...they may have change how they reinforced the bottom.

Also nothing was eliminated or trimmed from Giovanni's Starfire. Bud