----Short Circuit---- >

----Short Circuit----

Notices

----Short Circuit----

Old 08-28-2014, 09:47 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ----Short Circuit----

----Short Circuit is finally coming home!!! Bought new at Emerald City Marine in 1976 and raced out of Algonac for 30 years, it just seemed right that this 27 Sport comes back to the Lake Saint Clair area. No racing anymore as she has proven herself many, many times over already, but hopefully theres a lot of fun left!!!. Pictures to follow, or just Google "Short Circuit Magnum"..........Bill S
Old 08-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

This is Bill's latest addition to his fleet of Thunder Boat Row boats, SHORT CIRCUIT. I believe this Magnum has more real offshore racing miles & wins than any Magnum that has ever raced. It's gone through many powertrain changes over the years racing from 1976 to 2006 but still can run with the best of today's latest creations . Here are few pic's from it's new & old home here in Michigan...

Here is the web site for Short Circuit.

http://www.midwestconnection.org/rac...it/gallery.htm
Attached Thumbnails ----Short Circuit-----sam_0410.jpg   ----Short Circuit-----sam_0411.jpg   ----Short Circuit-----sam_0412.jpg  

----Short Circuit-----sam_0413.jpg   ----Short Circuit-----sam_0414.jpg   ----Short Circuit-----sam_0415.jpg  

----Short Circuit-----sam_0416.jpg   ----Short Circuit-----sam_0418.jpg  
Old 08-28-2014, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Dam.....that is a pretty boat!

Padraig
Old 08-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 77 Posts

It makes so much sense for SC to be back on LSC...............Congratulations Bill !!!...........I'm curious what number hull is SC?
Was she custom built for racing -or- was she a regular stock 27 when she left TBR? .............'76 was the Apeco years right?
Old 08-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by scippy
It makes so much sense for SC to be back on LSC...............Congratulations Bill !!!...........I'm curious what number hull is SC?
Was she custom built for racing -or- was she a regular stock 27 when she left TBR? .............'76 was the Apeco years right?
Pete Short Circuit was hull # 27-333 & one of the last Magnums that Emerald City sold. It was a special order by Russ Zablocki [in the time of the faster Trs 280Merc package were the norm ] with pair of Crusader 305cu 220hp engines to race in a APBA production class. Most of the boats in this class were 250 Wellcraft Novas running twin 302cu Ford engines, this Magnum cleaned house. Other than the powertrain package this Mag was a stock boat. Mark
Attached Thumbnails ----Short Circuit-----short-circuit.jpg  

Last edited by h2oboater; 08-29-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well the way i see it you dont have any room in the stabill for a green outboard and i have room so i feel its time for a blow out sale, by my accounting we now have 5 magnums in a 20 mile circle enough for our own club and events im thinking of a club name ...hmmmmm , lake st clair offshore racing asoc. lscora for shot, who's with me?, rules 1- small blocks, 2 cheep trophy's, 3 prize money, we kick in 500 each race winner take all, 4 course bar to bar, safety and coast guard we run it like a rave party
Old 08-29-2014, 03:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ironhead
Well the way i see it you dont have any room in the stabill for a green outboard and i have room so i feel its time for a blow out sale, by my accounting we now have 5 magnums in a 20 mile circle enough for our own club and events im thinking of a club name ...hmmmmm , lake st clair offshore racing asoc. lscora for shot, who's with me?, rules 1- small blocks, 2 cheep trophy's, 3 prize money, we kick in 500 each race winner take all, 4 course bar to bar, safety and coast guard we run it like a rave party
Deja Vu ??? Rob didn't we go down this path before ??????? I have a great Idea for a club logo, what do you think ?
Attached Thumbnails ----Short Circuit-----lascora-7.jpg  
Old 08-29-2014, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

MAN its amazing what can be done with the computer now days your graphic skills much like you knolege is top notch, i have ideas for timing and scoring bill hollister , chief inspector rich furst, start finish bob krupp get them on the line were going racing , let red know were back!!! hell want the compass action, and duane micknow can run the radio
Old 08-29-2014, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 256 Likes on 111 Posts

Glad it hear it's coming home. Congrats of the boat. It's been in the back of my mine for a while, thank you for taking the temptation away!!!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ironhead
I would be there in my 28' Magnum race boat. Crazy Rythm.

Leroy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.