----Battery Boxes---- >

----Battery Boxes----

Notices

----Battery Boxes----

Old 10-22-2015, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ----Battery Boxes----

----When I put Short Circuit up for the winter I yanked the batterys. Low an behold one was pretty badly rotted. I took it to a buddies fab shop (he does a bunch of OEM work) and am having him build duplicates in stainless. It occurred to me that others may have the same problem, or want to prevent the same problem from happening. If I do 5 sets or up he will make them up for me for $320 a set with the hold-down bracket. There would be shipping over and above that.
----Please give me some feedback as I only need the one set for myself and don't want them sitting around (one set just for me is about 20% more). No money needed up front, just your thoughts. I know from Marks 2 27s and Short Circuit that the boxes were the same in all three. I cant speak for the Maltese or other models, so maybe someone can give me feedback on that as well. Thanks!!!........Bill S
Old 10-23-2015, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pics? Where do they mount? My Sedan just had the batteries loose in the engine compartment, an I see no evidence of previous mounting locations
Old 10-23-2015, 12:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The batteries in my sedan were mounted in trays in the engine compartment on the bulkhead in front of the engines. I moved them to underneath the rear seat. It makes access in the engine room easier. I use Gil battery brackets to holdhem down.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:51 PM
Registered

----Murf,,,Mark can tell you as well as get you a pic or 2 as he just took his boxes out and they are identical to mine. Mine are mounted to the front side of the 1st bulkhead forward of the engines on what appear to be carriage bolts that go thru from the backside.........Bill S

Last edited by olredalert; 10-23-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Registered

Pics please Bill!

How many hours did you get to put on Short Circuit this summer?

Mario
Old 10-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Registered

-----Mario,,,The boxes aren't done yet as I wanted to generate at least a few orders 1st. You could send me a quick pic of yours as I need to know if there were any running changes. I really don't think there are so far, but want to make sure. Since I am going to take two sets for myself all I need is three more tentative orders to get my guy to give me the price break. Remember that I'm not asking for money up front as long as Mark and I know who we are dealing with (I say Mark cause he knows everyone,,,LOL). These boxes and lids will not be polished for that price but you could easily get that done. They are really hard to see anyway, so I decided not to spend the extra bucks, but I guarantee the quality will be 1st rate.......Bill S
Old 10-26-2015, 09:45 AM
Registered

Bill,

Where I have my batteries they will need to slide in from under the rear seat, just outside of the drop in storage bins, which likely is no longer installed in Short Circuit?
Do these boxes require a drop in from the top?

Mario
Old 10-26-2015, 06:15 PM
Registered

----Yes, to some degree they do. They have about a one inch lip across the outer edge that they have to get over and have two studs per side that they slip over to hold them to the bulkhead.......Bill S
Old 10-27-2015, 09:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by murfman View Post
Any pics? Where do they mount? My Sedan just had the batteries loose in the engine compartment, an I see no evidence of previous mounting locations
This is where my batteries are mounted on my sedans engine bulkhead..
Attached Thumbnails ----Battery Boxes-----sam_0782.jpg   ----Battery Boxes-----sam_0783.jpg  
Old 11-01-2015, 08:56 AM
Registered

----With as little response as I have received I'm going ahead and make just 3 sets. 2 sets for me, so there will be one extra set.......Bill S

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.