Notices

Miami Vice

Old 08-19-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by baddogz28
Your step dad sounds pretty cool.

You'll like the Pantera. Good luck on getting that.
Ya ive been really lucky with him. Hes the one that wants me to get a new boat and a new truck. the lines of the pantera and just the clean look is what got me its like a little apache or cig with 1/4 of the price and 100x the support from Jo at pantera.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys i'm new to the board and i just bought a 97 scarab 22 with the 454 and i too loved this show,my wife bought the complete series and when we take the boat out my seven year old puts in the soundtrack and loves to cruise vice style
Old 08-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Registered

Great video and fantastic boat. That was the best show on TV at the time.

Boats, Hot women and Florida... What a combination!
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=slpcamaross97;2656898]Didnt the boat in season one had a different paint sceam but same colors, and the boat didnt have a fiberglass molded in swim platfrom?
QUOTE]

Your partly correct...

The boat(s) in season one were exactly that paint scheme however the race boat did NOT have a swim platform and also had a solid radar arch where mine is split on the sides.

Here is the story I have been told (don't know how accurate it is?)
Murry (Chris Craft) built 201 boats that year in many configurations. They made twelve in the "Miami Vice" format, although they did not get that "tag" until after the show aired. Of the original twelve units, two were leased to Universal studios for the filming of season one and two and the other ten went into public hands.

One of the two leased boats had the power package with the 1171 blowers on a pair of 570's I beleive??? This was apparently the boat used in the episode "The Great McCarthy" (the boat race for the MV fans) If you look very carefully in the latter part of the race when they get back into the channel the Carey and the Stinger are neck and neck, and the camera boat has the teak windshield on the port side showing for only a mere second or two, so you can tell it is the exact twin boat!
This twin boat apparently is in Ottawa Ontario with all the holes filled in on the top of the deck where the cameras were mounted. It was a stock CC unit and was not hot rodded as the other boat was. That unit was used for all the closeups of Don Johnson and Philip Micheal Thomas and all other camera shots requiring the actors to be on the boat.

From what I understand right at the end of season two Chris Craft dropped the ball and Wellcraft glahmed in with the KV offering the Florida Colour Schemes which the producers liked.

Back to the original season one CC's. Mine is boat number #102 of the years production and the paint is original. If you watch the DVD's of MV you will notice the paint scheme is the same. (to answer your question regarding that)

To add more confusion to this Miami vice issue, they actually used a 1984 Stinger in the pilot episode the "Tubbs stole" and it was a plain white boat with the word "Stinger" written down the side. They did not pick up the white with blue stripes until the series was picked up by NBC and they signed for more episodes. So actually....there have been three boats used in the series!
The actual original boat is in pretty rough shape (if it is actually the real one?) as I have seen pictures of it and it has fading bottom paint and an absolutely aweful interior? It has seen some aging for sure? It has been rumored to be in Florida and others say Texas yet others say CT. The answer lies to the owner if he shows himself?
Now you can tell your friends all of this useless trivia......
Old 08-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered

Location: Ocean Pines, Maryland. Wish I was at MANGOS in MIAMI!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Miami Vice Forever!!!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 04:16 PM

I just wanted to say what a great thread, I got into powerboating because of Miami Vice as well and I always try and catch the re-runs when they are on TV.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK1D4...eature=related

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UK1D4lQMgDo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UK1D4lQMgDo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by Sea-Dated; 08-28-2008 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

Actually the Chris Craft was swapped for the Scarab at the end of season one. What I heard was that Chris Craft wanted NBC to pay for the boats again whereas Wellcraft gave them the boats as a promotional tool. It was a great move on Wellcraft's part and really propelled the Scarab name to the top of the performance boat heap.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
I am not shure how thru this is , but in germany about 4-5 years back was a guy that claimed he has the original MIAMI VICE Chriscraft.
It was for sale and he had all the paperwork for it to proof the origin, plus a statement from chriscraft and a signiture from DJ.
But like i said , i do not know how thru this is/or was ?!

I just think its cool.

Wonder what DJ does today, would love to give him a ride in my boat. LOL
The guy in Germany had the original KV...not the Stinger. Or so he claims? He said he had a tag on it that claims it to be the boat but anyone can get a placque made up???
I'm not calling the guy a liar or anything but it does bring up some questions when another person in the U.S also claims to own the ORIGINAL boat????
Here are some pics I got off the internet from the guy in Germany that has been mentioned.

I guess you have to make up your own mind?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Registered

Nice video there "Sea-Dated"

I don't mean to pick at it, but the actual video did not have Sonny and Caroline in it, as it was Tubbs hearing "Voices" of revenge for his brothers death in NY. Russ Ballard also re-wrote the beginning of the song for the video (I know this as I have the original copy of the MTV video)
Anyway enough about that as it is a great montage of stuff related to Miami Vice.............

One neat little tid-bit of trivia that you may like to check out is in season one in the episode "Calderone's Return" where these boat sequences were actually shot out in th Ocean they were heading into the sunset (just like a cowboy I suppose?) Well, on the way back from the Bahamas when all was done at the end of the episode, you see the boat heading back to Miami.........or so you think. If you look real close you can see Sonny driving the boat on the wrong side!!! WTF? What they did was reverse the film backwards and play it so it looked like the boat was heading the other direction but actually it was the original film footage...

hahahahaha - I know many of you are out the door heading to Blockbuster to rent season one to see for yourselves!

Quick Reply: Miami Vice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.