Here is my opinion:

Like Reggie or do not like him
Like Fountain boats or do not like them
Like the sales methodology or do not like it
Like the media hype or do not like it

None of this really matters, and here is why:

Fountains are consistently fast boats.

Fountains consistently win races.

Fountains consistently set speed records.

The Cat-Killer is a ridiculous fast awesome V-bottom boat!

I for one, would love to be in a position to own it.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You forgot the part about the ck is a hull that is not available to the public.. Yet it consistently shows up at poker runs to "race" production/semi-production boats..

Let's see it at the shootout, something I believe (feel free to correct if wrong, won't be the first time today) it has never seemed to be able to make?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, after viewing that bunch of cocky, full of themselves rock stars...........what is to like?
Old 06-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Like it or not, ATLEAST ON MFG IS OUT THERE TALKING IT UP!!!!!!!!! Maybe if the other MFG's did 1/10 of the racing exposure, marketing and stepping up. The Performance boat industry would be growing!!!! Just something to think about before you take aim at Fountain. Hell if it wasn't for Fountain would their even be boat racing today!!!!!!!!! Something to really think about.

As for the Poker Runs, OK its not apples to pineapples, but chit HOW MANY OTHER MFG's EVEN SHOWED UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 2 cents

WILL
Will its not for MFGs to go out to a pokerruns and beat up the owners of power boats ,thats what racing is about pokerruns are for friends and family not guys dressed in black beating up familys with there stock boats they look like 3 tools in that video not REGGIE, Another TD 100 guy bragging ,that guy joe said he has a 11championships never heard of him at any races, nice boat but this pick and choose P R stuff sounds like ,hey theres no turbines coming to bah pokerrun so lets show up. chit I bet they have a mole show up at all the runs to find out whos coming and if they figure they can beat everyone they come around the corner surprise. couple ah tools with borrowed money whats the stock to day 50 cent
Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy Chit some people are uptight.
Take the bullchit smack talk away and what do you have? You have a extremely fast V running strong. Big phucking deal. I don't love him, I don't hate him, but its pretty phucking cool to see them run.....If its a Race boat or not who cares?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 99fever27
Holy Chit some people are uptight.
Take the bullchit smack talk away and what do you have? You have a extremely fast V running strong. Big phucking deal. I don't love him, I don't hate him, but its pretty phucking cool to see them run.....If its a Race boat or not who cares?
Yep!
Old 06-26-2008, 04:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And I know for a fact there are several cats capable of doing those speeds or better.. However, at a poker run, with passengers onboard, not setup nor prepared to run those speeds, I would hope they are intelligent enough not to attempt it.

Key word here is POKER RUNS.. If the kitty fluffers want to show up in a totally custom race prepared purpose built boat and show all the pleasure boaters they are the fastest, then its their perogative.. But, it's kinda like pissing on yourself.. You know, yo get that warm feeling but everyone still knows you a tool..

If Reggie would build anyone a hull like it, AFAIK, why is it the only one in existence? Why aren't more of them on the race course?

I do not discuss my genitals on the internet...
Old 06-26-2008, 07:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by daredevil
And i do know from poker runs that there where cats with the same HP and could not keep up.
I bet you can't name them!! If you remember the horsepower, you can remember the name.

I'm not against Fountain Powerboats. As stated they are a great boat and on top of the race game. I just don't like their marketing tactics. I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling, more like I want to wash my hands!!

Back to racing......their probably the reason for sealed motors!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

And also ,why is the hull not available to puplic ?????
Its a 47 Lightning,with a canopy and dialed in right.
I think the point was that it's not a standard production hull - far from it from what i understand. But, Fountain implies that it is your "run of the mill" 47 and the plain truth is, it's not.

And yes ,the miss geico probable is faster but ,Watercond. and so on . in 1hour run (race) who knows how it would be?
But the point is, they were in a poker run with pleasure boats on a smooth inland river, not a one hour race. Put the Callan, Geico or Bud boat in the same event and the CK comes out a distant 4th at best. I think that's what jerks everyone's chain about the whole deal. How many times have we heard "a poker run is not a race"? Well, don't bring a factory backed race boat to a poker run. Bring it to a shootout or kilo run with other "professional" boats of comparable monetary backing and see where it goes from there.

Not bustin on ya DD, just pointing out another angle. I don't usually get into this kinda discussion because I certainly can't afford a boat of that caliber. And, the boat is extremely impressive in it's own riight. It just gets old when Fountain keeps pumping this crap out over and over. Sometimes a little humility goes a long way.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:02 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

( I dont have them,DO YOU ?)
Just my 2 c.
You do know that ScottB runs the Geico boat, right????

Quick Reply: Cat Killer Returns!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.